Chapter 1

Grace's POV

*Flashback*

"I'm done with you Layla! I'm taking our son and I'm out!" My father screamed.

"Oh yea leave me with you stupid daughter! Take her as well!!" My mother screamed back at him. She threw her arm across the dining room table, knocking everything in her path onto the floor.

'Oh yay! They're fighting again. But my daddy will come back for me later.' I said to myself in my five year little old mind.

" BITCH!!!" My father was really angry this time. "Son go pack your things." He said as calm as he could.

I saw my older brother, Josh (who was seven), go into his room with a suitcase. My eyes began to sting and water.

'No my Daddy cannot leave me. I need him.' I told myself.

"And you know exactly why I'm not taking the little tramp! I hate that I have a daughter. I NEVER wanted a daughter!!!!" My dad screamed at my mother. "But you just had to have one! She's yours not mine!!!" My dad came out of the room with a black suitcase in hand.

"What's your problem?" My dad yelled at me.

"Daddy please.... Don't leave me." I started crying my eyes out.

"To bad, your mother has gotten on my last nerves for the last fucking time!" My father screamed so my mom could hear.

"Let's go Josh! Good bye princess." My dad kissed my forehead and left with my older brother.

*Flashback Ended*

I was walking to the hell hole number one which I call school and remembering my past. That was when I was five and I am now seventeen. I haven't heard from my father nor my brother since then. (I normally take the bus but my mother made me miss it again so I had to walk.)

I was sucked back into reality by a loud horn from a car that scared the hell out of me.

"Watch where you are going, bitch!" The dude from the car yelled. I just hanged my head low and put on my music.

Music is my one and only escape I have. It stops me from thinking. It blocks out everyone and everything. Music is my life saver.

Anyway I turn into the parking lot of the school and head straight inside so I won't get beat on by people. Yes, I do get my ass kicked at school but it's really not that bad compared to what my mother does to me.

I go into the cafeteria only to find the Jason McCann standing by the doors. I turn around to head to the main lobby and look at my phone. I received a message from my bae, Ashley Lopez.

"I'm really sorry bae, I'm not going to make it today to school. I'll see you tomorrow and stay strong!! I love you girl!"

Before I could reply I felt a hand on my shoulder with full force making me flinch.

"Where is my little Gracey going? She knows that she has to see us every morning." Jason said with a stern tone but with a smirk on his face.

Jason led me outside into the parking lot, with his little gang sounding us. His gang was strong even though it only had six people in it. It was Jason, Jason's brother Alex, and his four best buds, Justin, Chaz, Ryan, and Christian.

Jason stopped and punched me hard in the stomach. I fell to the ground because I was weak.

"You are a worthless piece of shit!" Jason stomped on my arm and I cried out in pain. Tears threatened to fall but I wouldn't let them fall just yet.

I saw Jason motion for his gang to join in on my beating. I felt kicks come from all over. I close my eyes tight and bit my lip to focus on another type of pain.

I opened my eyes for a split second to see Justin standing back and watch in horror. Jason went over to him and whispered something to him.

Next thing I know Justin comes over and picks me up off the ground. He holds me up and Jason punched me in my stomach over and over again.

'When will he stop!?!?' I asked myself and started to cry.

I start to cough which wasn't that bad until I started coughing up blood. Jason finally stopped and Justin let go of me but I didn't stop coughing.

"Awe my poor Gracey is beaten pretty bad this time." Jason said as her knelt down next to my limp body.

He laughed his evil laugh. Jason left me with his gang. Justin just looked at me and mouthed the words "I'm sorry." He look like he was about to cry.

"Justin!" Jason called and Justin ran to his side.

'Does someone actually care about me? Does Justin care enough to cry?' I asked myself these questions but then I answered then right away.

"No you're a worthless bitch who doesn't deserve to live. Justin doesn't care about you. No one will ever care about you." I whispered harshly at myself.

I got up, grabbed my bag and went into the closest girls bathroom in the school.

I decided to break into one of the teacher bathrooms again because I need to be alone.

I unlocked the bathroom and went inside quickly. I locked it and put my back against the door. I slid down and buried my face in my knees.

I sat there and cried and cried.

I need to do it. And I need to do it now.

When I thought about what's in the my bag, my phone went off.

It was Ashely again.

"Hey girlie? R u ok? Text me when u get this!"

"Yes I'm fine."

I get a reply with in two minutes.

"Thank God! But what's wrong?"

"Nothing. I gtg I'm in class."

I put my phone away and started crying again. "You are such a crybaby!" I yelled at myself.

I dug through my bag to find it. I finally form my one best best best friend and then there was a knock on the door.

"Shit I'm going to get busted again!!"