Please, Don't Go

"You're leaving?" The girl asked shocked, confusion and pain on her face as she looked up at the boy.

Guy simply nodded, he didn't know what else to say, words weren't forming. He'd seen the girl broken before, but nothing would prepare him for the sadness and heartache she was showing.

It hurt him even more knowing he was the one who caused it, he was meant to help fix her not break her.

The girl cleared her throat, her voice cracking as she asked him when he would be leaving. Guy's face turned grim, he mumbled something but the girl couldn't quite hear him.

She looked at him expectedly and he found himself looking anywhere but the girl's eyes "tomorrow" he repeated softly causing anger to fill the girl.

"Tomorrow?" She questioned confused, it seemed to happen so quickly.

All of a sudden realisation hit her, Guy had known and he hadn't been bothered to tell her, his best friend, his other half.

Guy nodded sadly, Lexi found herself looking directly into his eyes "How long have you known?" she questioned softly, did Guy not think it was worth it to tell her?

The boy looked down and that was all the answer Lexi needed, she shook her head and moved to shut the door, Guy quickly stuck his foot inside, stopping her from completely shutting it.

"My Mom got a job offer, it was too good to turn down. I was going to tell you believe me, the day after the showdown when we went to the arcade I was going to tell you but everything happened and we didn't go because you were in hospital and I didn't want to disrupt your recovery" the boy tried to reason.

"Does everyone else know?" The girl questioned, pain filling her at the idea of being the last one to find out her best friend was leaving them all.

The silence of Guy once again told the girl all she needed to know and her already broken heart shattered into a few more pieces.

Lexi laughed though there was no humour behind it, "so you decided you'd just break my heart and run away" she stated sadly.

Guy looked at the girl sadly pleading for her to listen to him, she frantically shook her hand, holding up a hand to silence him.

"The part that kills me the most isn't even that you're leaving me, I'm used to that by now, everyone goes. It's that I was the last one you told, you've been my best friend and favourite person for 10 years and you didn't even think I was worth it to tell" the girl muttered sadly, tears brimming her eyes.

Guy couldn't seem to find any words as he looked down at his best friend, tears in his eyes as well, he knew telling her would be painful but he didn't know it would feel as if his heart shattered into millions of pieces.

"I don't know what to say, I'm sorry Little Lexi but I love you and I'm having a farewell party in the morning, before I go. It would mean a lot to me if you would come and say goodbye. I can always visit once I'm settled in, there's still a few weeks of summer" the boy begged.

The girl didn't know what to say, she simply shut the door, refusing to acknowledge what her best friend had told her. He was leaving and in 24 hours, it was not nearly enough time for the girl to process the situation.