Epilogue+Author's Note

"That's...Me?"
Izuku declared in shock, pointing the flash of light that crackled across the phone screen.

There was the briefest transition to a loud thud, and Izuku could see the figure of himself lying back-first on the asphalt.

He was gripping to something that appeared to be a large ball of tar, some of which had splattered across the road from the impact.

Izuku winced, almost reliving the feeling of having his spine smack into the solid ground.

"And that's how you got those injuries."
Shoto pocketed his phone nonchalantly, both grateful and baffled by Izuku's unproblematic recovery.

"Damn."

"It's a miracle you're still alive."
Fumikage noted, shaking his head.

"You know what's a miracle? The fact that it's been three days and he'd probably go do it again."
Tenya scoffed from the chair beside Izuku's.

"That's just Midoriya,"
Asui croaked,
"he's always been this way."

Everyone except Izuku nodded in affirmation.

"You guys are pretty mean."
Izuku pretended to pout, when in reality he was just happy to see his friends again.

He'd been discharged from the hospital rather quickly, seeing as he could stand on two feet and was bouncing back regularly.

Katsuki, on the other hand, had to be kept a while longer due to his malnourishment.

The people who'd been missing had no way of staying fed in their captivity, but hadn't aged at all as the two years past.

Now that they were back, their bodies almost seemed to face such aging rapidly, but it was nothing medical professionals couldn't handle.

Katsuki had been completely drained of all his energy, so bed rest and drips were the best solutions since his state wasn't critical.

Today, however, Izuku and his friends were called in because he was showing signs of waking up soon--and were waiting outside of his room for further word.

Izuku was understandably nervous.

This was Katsuki's first time back for two years. What if he had trouble breathing? What if gravity didn't work the same as wherever he was?

He appeared to be in a deep ponder, nearly falling out if his chair at the sudden hand that squeezed his shoulder.

Shoto's eyes were practically screaming at him to get a grip, but his voice was soft and gentle.
"Don't worry. It's going to be fine."

Izuku nodded nervously, still chewing his bottom lip for fear of the unknown.

What if-

"Izuku Midoriya?"
A nurse came out of Katsuki's room, features unreadable.

"What is it? Is Kacchan oka-!"

"He's awake now, sir."
He rosy lips stretched to an inviting smile, as she beckoned the group into the hospital room.

Izuku nearly fainted as he saw Katsuki as healthy as ever, sat up in the hospital bed with a dazed expression on his face--completely normal after being asleep for days.

Izuku ran to his bedside, Shoto and the others remaining at a distance so that they could be reunited without disturbance.

"Kacchan? I'm so glad you're okay! This is the happiest moment of my life."
Izuku felt tears well at his eyes, as he gripped Katsuki's lithe hands within his own.

The blonde turned to face his lover, scarlet eyes glazed and bewildered.

"I'm sorry...Who are you?"

To be continued...

Hi! Author here!
If you're reading this, then you've completed Listen To Me(and probably hate me rn) but never fret! There is one last part--with a happy ending--on the way. I just need to concentrate on my other works at present, so in the meantime, you can check out my other books and tell me what you think! As always, happy reading!✨

~[A/N]