Ch12

Izuku could hear a faint dripping, almost sloshing noise fade into the background.

Like the sound of wading through a still river.

Heavy eyelids fluttered open, as his vision danced and blurred as if it were television static.

He felt himself sitting up, trying to concentrate his sight on nothing but what was straight ahead of him.

His vision soon realigned, almost causing him to gasp.

A huge boulder of nothing but plaster and concrete sat in front of him.
The dripping seemed to be coming from a burst pipe that twisted out from below the mass, a puddle of an unknown black substance at the foot of it.
Now becoming aware of himself, Izuku looked down and saw the same black substance lapping at his sides like a weak tide.

Where...Was he?

...

Kagayaki stared in disbelief at where the hero had absorbed the impact of his quirk, as the crowd fell still and silent.

"Th-That..."
His heart began pumping bricks, ears burning and limbs trembling.

One of the heroes tried to escort him to transfer him elsewhere, when he shook them off and yelled,
"That wasn't supposed to happen!"

He fell to his knees, arms still tightly cuffed behind him, writhing like a child throwing a tantrum.

"You weren't supposed to...He wasn't supposed to..."

He'd started to get hysterical, screaming for dear life.

"You weren't supposed to get away! You were supposed to suffer! You fucking bastard!"
He cried.

He let out a single, pain ridden yell, tears never ceasing.

"This is ridiculous. What an eyesore."
One of the pros just about had enough, and were ready to arrest him regardless, when his partner halted him.

"Don't touch him."
He ordered.

The pro rolled his eyes. The scene was becoming rather tiresome.
"Why not?"

The pro pointed at the mans barely exposed flesh, a visible glow coursing through his veins throwing his partner off.

"H-He's using his quirk? But the cuffs-"

"Are made to suppress immediate usage, but no one ever said anything about gradually losing control."

He turned and began to usher his comrades away.

"We need to get these people out of here."

...

Izuku was afraid to move.

This place had no smell.
He was neither hot nor cold.
And the strange black liquid? It seemed to stretch for miles.
Not that he could see for more than a few hundred feet, since just beyond that point was nothing but a hazy, thick fog.

It seemed to encircle where he'd found himself, as if to say this was the one safe spot in
...Wherever this was.

He'd only then realised how long he'd been sitting and gaping, before hastily stumbling to his feet and patting his suit dry.

"Uncool."
He mumbled through a clenched jaw.

He didn't know where to start.

Was he just supposed to start walking? Where was he going?
Was someone going to find him if he stayed put?
Was he alone?
How could he even be sure that what lay beyond that fog was even safe?