Ch16

Tenya couldn't believe his eyes.

From the tear that had formed in the sky like an open wound, he saw a person emerge.

It was unexpected, but the several eyes on the mass lead to a quick reaction.

Pros had intervened, one or two applying their quirk to the space below the unknown anomaly to allow for a safe impact.

It was a little girl who'd come through, one visibly shaken and malnourished.

Was this...The power of Kagayaki's quirk?

He didn't eviscerate persons, but merely... displaced them?

Did that mean?...

Another person came through the warp, accompanied by several others close behind.

One after the other, about a dozen people came through the rift; until they abruptly stopped.

When the continuous flow of people stopped, there was a pregnant pause.
Everyone seemed to hold their breath, an ominous silence accompanied by the flashing of sirens.

Tenya was anticipating it; any second now for Izuku to come barrelling through, with Katsuki in tow.

Any minute now.

Was it...Even possible?

The opening seemed to be coming unstable...And everyone was beginning to lose faith.

Medics had begun to crowd Tenya and the civilians as the people had grown tired of waiting.

Just as everyone was about to lose all faith, Tenya sighed.

Where are you, hero?

The rift suddenly buzzed and crackled, before a static eruption burst from the opening, a blur of light flashing outward and landing directly onto the asphalt in a matter if seconds.

The pros were visibly bewildered, and somewhat paled at the thought of that being a person.

Tenya's vision began to double, and just before his lids grew too heavy to bear, he caught a glimpse of wild sacramento locks that had almost been lost forever.

And with that, the world went dark.

...

"Mn..."
The room was too bright; yet again.

Hurts...

He thought, covering his stinging irises with a sore forearm.
The fisheye effect caused by a temporary tunnel vision was not pleasant.

Izuku didn't even have the energy to wallow in the bittersweet nostalgia of waking up in yet another hospital bed.
He even had little to no recollection of the events that led up to hospitalization.

With so many blank spaces, one could hardly fathom just how many possibilities and explanations were swirling through his mind.

The thought of a two-year-long coma was enough to put him back to sleep, but then he finally recalled saving Katsuki.

He shot up from the covers without a second thought, painfully regretting the decision as an almost electric pain shot up his spine.

Nevertheless, he still frantically scanned the room for any indication of Katsuki's presence.

"Don't over-exert your energy. Your wounds are still fresh."

Izuku jolted at the unexpected company, but quickly recovered knowing that he could finally get some answers.