Ch09

[A/N: Transitional Chapter
WARNING: Possibly triggering topics]

"H-Hey."
Izuku stammered.

Ochako clenched her jaw.
She wanted to yell at him.
She wanted to tell him to get lost, that he had no right to show his face after what he'd said to her.

"You–"

"Midoriya! You came!"
Asui exclaimed, leaving Ochako's side temporarily to greet her friend.

"Y-Yeah, of course. What are friends for?"
Izuku bit his lip.
Wasn't he the one who told Ochako that she might as well be a stranger?

Who was he kidding? No matter how sorry he was, what gave him the right to show his face?

He started to fidget uncomfortably in his stance.

"How are you feeling?"
Tenya approached Ochako's bedside, whilst Izuku kept a reasonable distance.

"I'm fine now,"
She directed he gaze towards Shoto, who'd contently stood at the doorway,
"long time no see, Todoroki."
She gave a faint smile.

"Mn."
Shoto barely spared her gesture a glance.

She let out an awkward snicker from being blatantly ignored.

"...Hey, uh...Where are Kaminari and Sero?"

Izuku tried to break the tension.

Asui blinked.
"They left a little while ago when they saw Uraraka was okay, why?"

"It's just...They told me that they were gonna be here, so they had to cancel our plans because they came here."

Asui nodded, studying Izuku for the first time since he walked in.
His feet and the cuffs of his jeans were still visibly muddy in the slightest, but the hospital spared him a pair of slippers that made all the more of a difference.

"Are you okay, Midoriya?"
She inquired, index finger to chin.

Izuku shifted in his stance.

"I-I'm fine, just tripped outside."
He stammered.

Just how attention-hungry would it be if he admitted to running from the outskirts of the city?

He wasn't the priority at the moment.

"Er...How are you feeling, Uraraka?"
Izuku tried to change the subject.

"I already told you."
She said, practically scowling at Izuku.

What was with him?
After treating her like absolute garbage, he has the absolute gall to act all nervous now?
What happened to the 'attitude' that he developed after being with Katsuki for all these years?

Shoto caught her energy.
"Uh...Asui, could I ask you something? Outside, please."
He leaned off of the doorway, freeing up a passage for her.

She cocked her head slightly, but didn't think anything of his sudden request and started out of the room.

"Hey-"
Tenya began question Shoto tugging at his arm, before begrudgingly following the two out of the door and shutting it behind him.

Silence.

Izuku and Ochako were left alone for the first time since Izuku's outburst, an awkward, thick tension setting in the room.

The cobalt-haired man gulped.

"Listen, I-"

"Save it."

Izuku flinched, accepting that whatever came next was what he deserved.