"Oh, well it does to me!" He threw his arms out as he left the three of them, not wanting to get into anything when he was already in a pissy mood.

"I wonder what goes through his weird little mind." Olivia prompted before Stiles grabbed her hand and led her to Scott and the others.

"Next time, let me do the breaking-rules stuff. Like he said, all of the teachers expect it from me, not you." he said, his tone sounding unusual to Olivia. It was as if he was upset with something.

"It's fine, Stiles. It's not like I have any-"

"Liv." He stopped and turned back to her and she stopped and froze. His eyes stunned her. They were sincere and soft, attempting to convey some sort of desperate message to her that she couldn't figure out for the life of her. It almost made her feel guilty for saying anything.

"We didn't find anything." a voice entered the conversation and a crowd started to form around them, the pair still connected by their eyes, but aware of the growing audience.

"Not even a scent." Scott added.

Stiles tore himself away from her curious eyes and to the conversation."It's three O'Clock, so school is over. If there was a bomb, wouldn't he have set it off by now?"

Olivia watched him as they all talked, no one else, not even paying attention to the topic of conversation. She was still puzzled by his expression that lingered in her mind.

☾☾☾

Olivia didn't have much of a choice other than to go to Stiles's house after school ended. Scott had texted her saying she should get a ride with him because head leaving school early. When she asked why, he left her on read. So, instead of just being dropped back at the house that was empty, she stayed at Stiles's, doing homework, solving supernatural crime — the usual.

The school day had ended early due to the whole spotted murdered on the school ground thing, but Scott had to leave earlier than that apparently.

So she sat on Stiles's bed, playing with her pencil that twirled between her fingers rather than actually doing her algebra homework.

"What do the different colored strings mean?" Olivia looked up at the crime board Stiles was pinning pictures to. There were several colored strings pinned in every nook and cranny of the bulletin board, all overlapping the other.

Stiles turned back, almost surprised to hear her talking. He was about to answer her when a specific thought crossed his mind, one that had been bugging him for some time. "I'll answer your question if you answer one of mine."

Olivia looked at him with her jaw slack and eyebrows raised. "Okay, fine. What does Mr.Stilinski wanna know." She asked, earning a surprised face from him.

He didn't actually think she would answer him with everything going on, but he took the chance to ask it.

"Why do guns scare you?"

Olivia couldn't tell if she was breathing or not.

That specific memory was something she never thought about at all. It was so far buried in her mind that it was almost a dream, but more like a nightmare.

Stiles studied her stunned expression, cursing himself for asking that stupid question, for bringing up a sensitive topic that she clearly didn't want to open up about. "I-I'm sorry, I should have never asked that. It's just, you used to be a hunter who handled guns, so why would others make you nervous-" he tried to apologize only for the girl to cut him off.

"Stiles's. It's fine." She said barely above a whisper, her voice small compared to his. "It's something that I don't like to talk about."

"Then don't."