---Paige’s POV---

I shifted in my wolf-form like the rest of the group and looked back at the vampires. A smile crept on my face when I noticed that Lizzie was clinging to Cian’s back while Beth was hanging on Carry. Both of the witches smiled dreamily while the vampire brothers smirked at each other.

“Ready?” I asked them while I shot the amusement I felt at them. Cian, the more laid back brother, shot me a grin while he moved Lizzie in a better position on his back, keeping his hands firmly on her thighs. “We are.” He smirked while I heard a few barks of laughter before we ran off.

I noticed that the vampires were holding back a bit, since they were faster then the wolves. Running up beside them, I glanced at them from the corner of my eye before I looked at the sky; clouds were moving around and blocking the sunlight.

“Uhm, not to be rude or anything…but shouldn’t you guys be hiding? All the stories do claim that you guys turn to dust at sunlight.” I sent them, wearily checking if I offended them. The twins surprised me by chuckling while Sean had a smirk on his face.

“We don’t turn to dust.” He scoffed, glancing at the clouds before he looked back down at me. “Only some of us, the oldest and more powerful, can walk into sunlight without risking any burns.” He stated casually with slow breaths, almost as if he wasn’t running fast enough to make a blur of the surroundings.

I nodded in understanding and nipped at Nick’s paw when he strayed in front of me. He yelped before glowering over his shoulder with a low growl. I let out a throaty chuckle and thought back at what Sean said.

“I’m guessing that you guys are old then?” I asked, not able to stop the curiosity that was flooding through me. This time, it was Cary that answered. “Well, I can only speak for myself and my brother but yes, we are old. Both of us are well over 1800 years in fact.”

I tripped over my feet and landed on the ground in a dust cloud while the rest skidded to a halt. Sean and Jacob stood by my side in a flash, helping me back to my paws. I shook my fur out and swallowed a few times in an attempt to get some moisture down my throat.

“Over 1800 years?” I managed to croak out while Nick, Sean and the twins all laughed at my shocked tone. Turning towards my brother, I asked, “How can you act so casual about this?”

Nick rolled his eyes and stretched his back with a yawn. “I’ve been brought up in a community full of immortal beings Paige. Jake’s father is over 90 years old, although he looks like a man in his early forties. As soon as the immortal genes get to work, we can change the way we look to prevent us from arousing suspicion amongst the mortals.”

I snorted slightly while I began walking again. “Well excuse me for acting so shocked. I have lived amongst mortals most of my life, I know next to nothing about what I am or about any other species.”

Sean ran next to me while we made our way to the forest, his expression giving away that he was thinking of something rather amusing. He noticed that I was looking at him, because his lip twitched slightly when he suppressed a smile.