I smirked down at her. “And right now, I want you.” She giggled before she laughed loudly when I hoisted her over my shoulder and proceeded to carry her through the house, much to the amusement of the pack.

Paige was still laughing but began to fight back. “Jacob, you better put me down!” I just shook my head while I made my way towards our room, while I tossed our bags at Nick, who was shaking his head with amusement.

I flinched lightly when Paige pinched my but. “Honey, I know you love my ass but don’t tempt me too much.” I said, chuckling slightly when I heard her mutter something under her breath. Next thing I know, a pair of feline claws sank in the same place where Paige first pinched me, causing me to loose grip on her while I yelped.

Paige landed on the floor in cat form and smiled at me before she dashed off. “Oh, no you don’t.” I mumbled while the pack was hollering and giving catcalls. I shot after Paige, rounding a few corners while I heard her delicate paws brush against the ground. Right when I was convinced I had her, she slipped around another corner while I ran straight ahead.

I cursed and quickly turned around before I ran after her, only to skid to a halt when I spotted her. Paige showed me a wide Cheshire grin while she flicked her tail from side to side. But that wasn’t why I felt nervous…no; she was perched on father’s shoulders.

“Uh…” I stammered while dad glared at me. He had already given me a warning that I was supposed to hurry up with preparations so that we could leave tomorrow morning. Dad crossed his arms over his chest while he glanced at Paige, making me suspect that she was mentally talking to him. Crap.

“Jacob.”

That was the only warning I got while father took a step forwards. Next thing I knew, that old-timer had me on my scruff, dragging me through the house. “I might be getting old and I might be passing the position over to you but until that day, I AM still alpha.”

“I was just-“

Father ignored me and the onlookers that were softly chuckling behind his back. “So, when I say ‘Prepare for the journey’, I didn’t say that you could keep harassing your mate. Keep that to the bedroom, in your private time.” Father dragged me to the office, where the others were apparently waiting for us. “So, since all your preparations are done, you’ll be leaving right now.”

“What!” I shouted out before one look of my father made me shut up. Paige purred while she brushed her small head against Dad’s cheek, electing a soft smile on his face before she jumped down on Nick’s lap.

I growled a little at the sight before I let my eyes dart through the room. Everyone of our team was ready and waiting for us. Nodding at them, I said “Prepare and say goodbye’s, we’re leaving in a few.” before I glanced at my mate. “Tease.”

She purred as an answer and leapt of Nick’s lap before she padded towards Alexis, shifting halfway in her cougar. Alex wrapped her arms around Paige while saying “Bye Paige. Come back soon.”

The rest of the pack said their goodbyes before we strapped our bags on (the wolves did this loosely, so it wouldn’t tear off when we shifted) and then we were off.