Chapter 7

Though my eyes are closed, sleep refuses to claim me. It's like the thoughts swirling in my head act as a barrier, keeping me from sleep. I can't believe I've lost Tobias. I mean, I guess I deserved it. I left him, I went instead if Caleb. I don't regret my choice, Caleb is my family, but so is Tobias, or he was.

I try to focus on the positive points. Mar,Uri, Lynn and Will are coming tomorrow. I'm near Tobias, were close to each other. These thoughts break the barrier that prevented me from sleeping. Soon the endless void of sleep engulfs me.

It doesnt last long. The thoughts crowd my head again and drive sleep away. Knowing I wont be able to sleep again I throw shoes on and dash to the training room. When I reach the cold, empty room, I imedeatly walk to the punching bags and punch it furiously. The longer I'm here the harder I hit, faces appear on the bag. David. BAM. Nita. SMACK. Jenine. WHAP. Marcus. WHACK. Evelyn. SMASH.Me. SLAP. These people, who I see on a bag, these are the people who caused me to lose Tobias. The love of my life forgot me because of these idiots, myself inculded. The bag swings uncontrolably in circles, not slowing.

The doors fly open as I ready a knife to fly. Dark blood trickles from my palm and on the the floor. Hand pressed into my shirt, I prepare to spit cuss words at whoever disturbed me. My hair whiped my face as I turned my head to the person. Blue eyes peirce into me and all anger fades into sadness as Tobias, hair ruffled and eyes heavy from sleep, steps through the door. He smiles at me, idley though, as if that smile didnt kill me.

" Couldnt sleep?" I ask with a hint of laughter in my voice.

" To much on my mind i suppose" He says, shaking his head.

" Come stab things with me" I say. He walks over and colects three knives in his hands, two in his left, one in his right. It amazes me, memory serum that is. It takes all information from the person, their name, their history, but leaves basic knowlage like walking and talking. As I watch Tobias throw all three knives and hit dead center with each, I decide that bravery was a trait that was always in him, no matter how deaply burried. He finishes and smirks at me, almost chalenging me to do better. Snorting, I turn to the target, hand still driping ruby red blood, and toss the knife. Time slows at it hurles, twisting end over end, to the center of the board. I do the same with the other two and turn to Tobias, smirking.
" Wow, youre not bad" He says

" Well, I learned from the best" I say smiling as a memory pops into my head " Can you do somthing for me?"

" Depends" he says

" Throw knives at me" I squeal and race to the target. He looks at me confusedly and I just nod my head. He sighs but gatheres three knives. His stance is strong as he prepares to throw the deadly wepons at my head.

ZIP. the first one hits the board

ZIP. The second one finds its way to the backstop to.

ZIP. The third one slightly grazes my ear, making me smile.

" Tris I'm so-" Tobias starts

" Nope dont appoligize, that was a test" I say. He looks confused " You did the exact same thing durring initiation" I say as I skip from the training room without a word.