|| C H A P T E R 48 ||

Start from the beginning

I shrugged, "I-I don't know."

"Is this because of me?" Terra asked rather bluntly.

I look up at her, "no. At least I don't think it is. Honestly I have no clue."

She nods her head, "if I'd knew it went down like this I'd never-"

"You'd never what?"

"I knew she liked you. I knew that, but I didn't care. Whenever she wouldn't make a move I did. I'm not saying it was a mistake, but I know you don't like me like that."

"What are you talking about?"

She sighed, "look Brooke, I know how you feel about me will never match what you feel about Grace. Don't lie to me. What are we doing?"

"I don't want to have this conversation right now."

"If not now then when? Brooke how do you feel about me?"

"I really did think we could have something. We can have something, but as long as we are still friends with Grace, things will keep on coming up. It's just my feelings for Grace-" I shake my head. I don't know how to word this feeling I'm feeling.

"Terra, Grace said you can see her now."

We both look up and see Trace standing in front of us. With one last glance back at me Terra stands up, and disappears down the hall.

🥺🥺💙💙😭😭

I didn't get to see Grace on the first day, all I got was yelled at by my parents for skipping class. I didn't get to see her the second day either. By then she went home. I knocked on the front door once everyday for a week begging Trace to let me speak to her.

She didn't budge. For a straight week Grace stayed held up in their house. I didn't see anyone come or go. Not even Tyler.

Tyler of which had been MIA since he left the hospital the first day. Terra also had gone MIA on me. Everyone seemed to be ignoring me, and I don't know why. What did I do? Or did it cut deeper than what I did, what did grace tell them?

Two weeks came and went. I hadn't been able to get over Grace. The only places I went were school and back home. The routine repeated. At five in the after noon I would make my daily trip to knock on Graces front door, optimistic that she would let me in.

Today I was more optimistic than the rest. Something inside of me told me today is the day. Today she is going to let me. Today I am going to see her bright glowing face, and feel her embrace. I'm going to smell her shampoo, and her smile is going to brighten my day.

Coming upon the door I took a deep breathe, balled my hand into a fit, and nocked on the front door. Waiting five seconds before doing it again. Today the door didn't even open. My spark of confidence is sniffed out.

Sagging shoulder I make my way back across the street arms crossed in front of me. Today wasn't any different from the past 14 days. As I made my way back inside I decided that I would stop.

I would stop everything.

Stop going across the street every day.

Stop thinking of Grace.

Stop letting my world revolve around her.

I would stop letting my parents control my life.

Being sick and tired of everyone running over me I went up stairs to my room and packed a bag. I can't take this anymore. I want to be a normal teenager. To not have to worry about getting disowned for my sexuality, to no have a life because my parents don't like the path I choose.

I'm living for myself now, and no anyone else.

I packed a bag bring some clothes a few essential things, and in the mixed I changed. I put on a short jean mini skirt that was hidden away in my closet, and a white crop. After changing I trapped my two packed bags and go downstairs.

My mother is in the kitchen preparing dinner. I walk into the kitchen and drop my two bags by my feet and clear my throat.

"Oh Brooke dinner will be ready in a s-" she turns around and soaks in my appearance, "what in the world are you wearing young lady?!"

I roll my eyes, "I'm leaving. I thought I'd go stay with aunt Mel for a while."

"You will do no such thing! Oh dearly Heavenly Father is that a piercing?"

I shrug and pick up my bags, "yes. Yes it is. Oh and I have a tattoo also."

With that I turn around and walk out the front door. I had already ordered an Uber so it was waiting out front.

"Brooklyn get back here this instant!" My mother yelled after me.

I however continued walking, and didn't stop. Even when she stood at the front door in tears. I got in the Uber and let him drop me off at the airport, where I took the first plane out to California.

Late late last update. I know I know. But I got a new job and life has been busy.