Kissing Instructor (JK/Pt. 3)

That day Jungkook didn't give you an answer why he didn't like your boyfriend, he said he just didn't and that was it. He stormed out of there and then stopped going to the gym at the time you did. He couldn't bear to see you again, he obviously couldn't control his feelings anymore and he couldn't think of any other way to deal with it than to shut you out.

You kept going to the gym at the same time and days in hopes he'd eventually come back. His absence made you really notice how much you needed him, you missed him and not seeing him every Tuesday and Friday as you were used to really did alter your week more than you would have guessed.

You tried to talk to your boyfriend about how you were feeling about Jungkook avoiding you, but that brought to light a whole new side of him you didn't know. He freaked out and became insanely jealous, despite you reassuring him you'd been friends for a while and you had never had any feelings for each other. He didn't want to listen to reason though.

Friendships weren't your forte. Apart from your boyfriend, Jungkook and your mutual friend, you didn't have anyone you felt you could talk to. You were a really honest and outgoing person, but sometimes you came on too strong and that pushed people away. Just like it had happened with Jungkook. There was no one you could talk to that wasn't connected to him.

The seventh anniversary of the band was coming and Jungkook offered a song he had been working on to be released during the festivities. The other members and the company loved it and agreed to release it immediately. You found the track on your notifications and clicked on it, a song by Jungkook. A tear escaped your eyes, you couldn't help but beat yourself up about how you had ruined everything.

You wanted to hear his voice, it had been so long. You put your earphones on and laid on your bed, your eyes closed to fully appreciate the sweet sound.

"That faint voice of yours that grazed me
Please call my name one more time
I'm standing still under the frozen light, but
I will walk towards you, step by step"

It was so beautiful, Jungkook was amazing at writing lyrics. You were so happy he had given it a shot and continued to work on more songs.

"A pitch dark room
I shouldn't get used to it
But I'm used to it again
The low-pitched sound of the air conditioner
If I don't have this, I might just fall apart"

Sounds like me, you thought as all you did was go to work and come back home to be locked in your room. You kept losing friends, the feeling was not unfamiliar, but you were used to being by yourself. You didn't mind your own company, but your nature screamed for social interaction.

"We laugh together, we cry together
These simple feelings were everything I had
I will look into your eyes
And say, 'I missed you' "

Tears started running down your face as you thought about all what you shared with Jungkook, the good times, the bad times, you really did miss him. He really was your only true friend, you are not really a friend group person, but thanks to your friend in common, you'd met him and he had become closer to you than they ever did.

As the song went on, you cried harder and harder, but you didn't want to stop the track. Then you started putting the pieces together.

"The day, that moment
If I knew this was gonna happen
I would have remembered more of them"

That day? When it happened? If he'd known? The words resonated in your head.

"In a rapturous memory
The rain pours even when I dance alone"

A precious memory, the pouring rain. One that hurts, makes you cry, makes you feel alone...

"We may not be on the same page
But I want to walk this path with you
Still with you"