Chapter 27

Flashback (Caitlan is 2 years old)

Negan's POV:

Lucille is off on a girls trip with Annie and mom, and a few of their friends. Luce is a bit anxious as it's her first time being away from Cait, and Cait bless her doesn't really understand. "Where goin' Momma?" She asked with her eyes filling with tears. "Just a girly trip with Aunty Annie, Grandma and a few of our friends darling." Luce lifted her up and cuddled her. "Me come? Me a girw!" She said with her tiny hand holding a fistful of Lucille's hair. "When you're older I promise. Now be good for daddy ok?" Cait nodded sadly, and gave Lucille a kiss. "Come to daddy baby girl. Shall we go wave momma off?" I asked and Cait nodded.

We stood outside as Luce got in a cab. Cait waved with her tiny fingers clasping to her palm. Lucille blew us both a kiss and waved as the taxi drove off. I lifted Cait up above my head and she squealed. "Just me and you babygirl. How about we have some fun?" I chuckled as Cait was giggling. "Yeash fun!" "Hmm how about we go swimming?" I asked and Cait started clapping. "Swimming it is! But I think I need a kiss first Missy." I winked at Cait an she put her tiny hands on my face and gave me a kiss. I then started kissing her little face and I think my beard started to tickle her. "Dada stwop dat tickwes!" She squealed.

We went to our local indoor swimming pool. After paying to get in, I had to cover Cait's eyes. "Dada me no' see!" Cait said confused and pouted. "Well since I can't take you in the ladies locker room, you gotta come in the men's with daddy. Once we get into a cubicle darling, I'll uncover your eyes." I told her. Once we got into a cubicle, I got Cait into her swimming costume. I already had my trunks on. I got Cait's arm floats out and started to blow them up. "Dada face wed!" Cait giggled. I put the floats on Cait's arms, covered her eyes again, put our things in a locker and went to the pool. "Shbash shbash Dada!" Cait squealed flailing her legs in the water. I splashed a small bit of water and Cait was giggling.

We had fun swimming. Cait even tried to swim to me. It wasn't much but she's getting there. I'm proud of her. I put Cait in her car seat before getting in the car myself. "So how about we go for ice cream?" I smiled at Cait in her car seat. "Yesh peash" Cait had a big smile.

We got to the ice cream parlour and got asked what ice cream we wanted. "Chot chot peash" Cait smiled at the waitress, who looked confused so I mouthed the word "chocolate". "Rum and raisin please" I said. A few minutes later, the waitress came back with our ice cream cones. "Fank oo" Cait smiled and started licking her ice cream. When she finished, her face was covered in chocolate. "Did you enjoy that babygirl?" I asked her. "Mmhm" she smiled. "Is all this for later?" I asked pointing at her face. Cait started laughing as I wiped her face and sticky hands clean.

On the way back, Cait fell asleep. I took her in and laid her on the sofa and wrapped her up. Since tomorrow is Monday and I'm a PE coach at a high school, I already had the a-ok to bring Cait to work with me. She is really well behaved so I know she'll be ok.

Cait's bedtime is usually 7pm so I got her bottle sorted and got her in her pjs. "Me sweep wiv Dada?" She yawned. "Of course babygirl." I lifted her up and carried her to mine and Lucille's room. I wrapped Cait up, got her favourite teddy and fed her her bottle until she dozed off. I went downstairs and packed stuff for Cait for tomorrow, mainly diapers,wipes, a few spare pairs of underwear and a spare pacifier. Me and Luce are currently trying to teach Caitlan to use the toilet, but it'd be best to take some clean clothes, underwear and diapers just incase. I'll pack some toys etc in morning.

We're gonna be up early in morning, so I'll sort our lunches out now. There'll be plenty of milk in the teachers lounge so I can sort Cait's bottle out tomorrow, but I'll take some juice boxes with us aswell.

After sorting our lunches out, I hit the hay myself. Cait was in a deep sleep so I quietly slipped in bed so I wouldn't wake her. I woke Cait up at 6am, made her breakfast and got her ready. We had to be at the school for 8am, since I have a staff meeting.