Chapter 3

Caitlan's POV:

It's been a couple of weeks since dad had cut the affair off with my English teacher. The only thing is, she's intentionally failing me. I'm always getting top grades but just because I caught them and dad cut it off, she's taking it out on me. I don't know whether to tell mom and dad. Dad told mom about who the affair was with but I don't wanna drop this on mom as well - she's not been well lately. I'm gonna go talk to dad after school.

At the end of the school day, I headed down to dad's office. I knocked. "Come in." I went in. "Hey dad." "Hey princess everything ok?" "Can we talk?" I sat down opposite dad and told him everything.

Negan's POV:

Caitlan told me that Sharon had deliberately failed her just because I stopped having an affair with her. What the fuck? Fuming is an understatement. Before I could do anything else, the phone rang. It was the hospital. Lucille has been rushed in. "Dad? What's wrong?" Caitlan can tell something has happened. "Momma's been rushed into hospital, baby. We gotta go."

We drove like crazy to the hospital. I probably sped over the limit a couple times but getting to Lucille was mine and my little girl's main concern.

As soon as we got to the hospital, we got told Lucille had a hospital room. Shit. What's wrong? Cait climbed onto the bed and cuddled up to Lucille. The doctor then told us what was wrong with Lucille - she has cancer. And it's incurable. Fuck. Caitlan broke down. "N-no momma, you can't have. Y-you can't die. W-we need you." Lucille began crying herself and cuddled our little girl. "No matter what darling, I'll always be with you. Remember that. Even if you can't see me, I'm always by your side." She then took off her locket (shaped in a heart and a photo from our wedding day inside) and put it on Caitlan. "Have this baby. Then you know I'm always with you."

I sat on the bed and cuddled my girls. This can't be happening. Cait was sobbing her heart out. The doctors said we can stay in the hospital with Lucille so I rang up the school telling them me and Cait won't be in for a while and I headed home to get pyjamas, clothes and other supplies.

When I got back to the hospital, Caitlan was fast asleep cuddled up to Lucille. "Negan, I need you to promise me something." Lucille said weakly. "Anything darling." "Look after our baby girl. It kills me knowing I won't be here much longer to see her grow up." Luce began to tear up and my heart was breaking. "Luce. You don't have to ask me that. I'll always look after her. She's our baby girl." I weakly smiled and kissed the top of Lucille's head.

Two days later...

Both my girls are fast asleep. The past couple of days, Cait has slept in the bed with Lucille. Luce has grown extremely weak. It's scared Caitlan a bit but Lucille has told her it's ok.

We haven't really communicated with anyone outside the hospital. Sharon has tried calling but I've ignored her. Next thing I know, I hear growling. I look up and Luce doesn't look herself at all. "Luce? You ok darling?" There was no response. She moved in closer to Caitlan, as though she was gonna kiss her but her teeth started snapping. What the fuck? I grabbed Cait before she could bite her. "Momma?" Cait yawned. When she woke up properly, she was petrified. "Daddy what's happening?" "I don't know baby." I panicked. "Someone fucking help!" I yelled. Nobody came. I looked outside and there were people that looked in the same state as Lucille. "We gotta get outta here, baby." "B-but what about momma?" Cait has tears forming. "She's Dead isn't she Daddy." "Yes sweetheart." We both started to cry and I picked Cait up and ran to the car.

People were everywhere. It looks like the dead have come back to life. But how is that even possible? When we got home we packed literally everything and we drove away.

Traffic was absolutely horrendous! After a few hours (killing some of those dead fucks too), we managed to reach a quiet spot in the country. Cait helped me to put our tent up. She hasn't really said much. She's still in shock of everything that happened. I dug out my baseball bat and I found some discarded barbed wire. I wrapped the barbed wire around the bat. "That should kick those dead fucks arses!" I said and I saw a small smile on Caitlan's face. "What should we call this beauty Cait?" My little girl looked at me and smiled. "Lucille. After momma. Coz this is one awesome weapon and Momma was awesome and kick ass." I sat next to my little girl and pulled her into a bear hug. "Lucille it is."

That night we both had a sleeping bag each. Just as I was beginning to doze off, I heard small sniffles. Cait was crying. "Come over here baby." I whispered. My sleeping bag was huge so Caitlan was able to get in it next to me. "I miss her daddy." She sobbed into my chest. I wrapped my arms around my little girl and kissed her head. "I know baby. So do I." I held my little girl close to me and cuddled her as we both fell asleep. If anything happens to my baby girl, I'll never be able to forgive myself....

That's chapter 3 guys! I hope you like it.