Chapter 18

Caitlan's POV:

Dad is having a meeting outside with the Saviours soon and I'm going too. Currently, I'm sat on the bed with Lily. She's cuddling the teddy that I got her, she still loves it. She cuddles it when we go to sleep. "You love Teddy don't you." I smiled. "Tetty." Lily giggled. Mom and dad are sorting through paperwork on the couch. "It's coz it's from her big sis." Mom smiled. "I wonder who that is?" I said jokingly. "Cakey!!" Lily said happily hugging me.

"We best get outside darling." Dad said to me. I tried lifting Lily off my knee but she wouldn't budge. She just latched on to me, crying. "Can Lily come with us dad? If it gets too much for her I'll take her for a little walk." I asked. "I suppose. If it's alright with mom?" He looked at Mom and she nodded. I got Lily's jacket and put it on her. She clapped happily that she was coming with me and dad.

I carried Lily outside, walking with dad and all the Saviours were waiting outside the walker pen. Lily saw the walkers and they scared her a bit. "I won't let them hurt you." I whispered and she cuddled into me. Dad told the Saviours that we're gonna soak the bullets and ammo and other weapons in the walker guts. He went up to a walker and cut its guts open and soaked Lucille in the guts. "Dada!" Lily sobbed. She thought the walker was gonna get dad. "It's ok Lil. Daddy's ok." I took her into the pen so she could see dad. One of the walkers snapped its teeth and frightened Lily. I took her out the pen and took her near the stairs so we could watch. A few minutes later, the Saviours started soaking everything in the walker guts. Dad came over to me and Lil. "Come on girls. Let's go back upstairs." Lily reached out to dad, so dad carried her.

When we got to the staircase to head back up to our room, about halfway up I slipped and fell. "Shit! Darling are you ok?" Dad ran down panicked. "I think I broke my leg dad." I said in pain. Dad put Lily down to help me up. Thankfully Lily isn't one to wander off. "Daddy take Lily upstairs then come back for me." "Are you sure darling?" "Positive. It's not like I can go anywhere." I smirked. Dad took Lily upstairs, and it was about ten minutes later before coming back down.

"We should really just put bubble wrap around you." Dad said as he lifted me up. I screamed in pain from my leg. "Shit. Sorry baby." "Dad it's fine. It was an accident." I smiled.

Dad took me to Carson and I had a cast put on my leg. When we got back to the room, mom and dad told me to rest for a few days. This time next week, dad is planning to go to Hilltop and attack with the effected ammo. They killed one of the Saviours and sent them back in a wooden container. "I'm still coming dad. It's just a broken leg." I said confidently. "You ain't gonna let me win this argument are ya baby?" Dad chuckled, sitting on the bed. Well before I could answer, Lily (who as usual is cuddled up to me) shouted "Nup!" We knew she meant 'no.' "What she said." I laughed. "You girls love to bully your old man don't you?" Dad said pretending to be upset. Lily dived on him and he fell back on the pillows in defeat. Mom came to sit on the bed as well and I rested my head on dad's shoulder. He kissed my forehead and Lily climbed back onto me and mom sat at the other side of me. "Can I have some painkillers please?" I asked and mom got me some and a glass of water. "Why's it always me?" I said quietly. Dad just wrapped his arms around me protectively. Lily put her hands on my face and mom held my hand. "If you guys knock my leg during the night, I'll get ya back." I smiled. "Is that a threat eh?" Dad tickled my sides. "Get him Lil!" I laughed. Lily dived on dad again. "My Cakey!" She giggled. "I guess that's me told." Dad winked. 

When we decided to go to sleep, Lily was already fast asleep cuddled up to me. Mom put some cushions underneath my leg to elevate it and mom and dad put their arms around me and Lil. We dozed off pretty quickly.

A week later...

So today's the day we attack Hilltop. Dad told me to sit in the back of the car so that I could rest my leg. "My girls look beautiful." He smiled. He was talking about me and Lucille. Mom is staying with Lily. The other day he went back to Alexandria. As much as I protested he told me to stay at the Sanctuary with Mom and Lily. He came back pretty bust up but thankfully he was ok. He said that everyone in Alexandria had disappeared from the scene.

So me and dad are driving to Hilltop. The Saviours are following in the trucks. "How's your leg baby girl?" Dad asked. "The pain has eased slightly dad." I replied. But as I said that, another car crashed into us. I screamed and before we knew it we were on our sides. "Cait darling are you ok?" Dad coughed. Then we heard gunshots. "I'm fine daddy. Run. I'll get myself out." Dad didn't want to leave me but we realised it was Rick that tried killing us so I told dad to run.

My leg is killing even more now. But I managed to get myself out the shattered car and hobbled towards a building which I'm guessing Rick chased my dad into. "Dad!!" I kept shouting but I had no response. Smoke and fire was everywhere. I was coughing and spluttering. But a figure came up to me, I couldn't make out who it was until I blacked out....

I thought I'd leave you guys on a cliffhanger! Hope y'all like this chapter!