Chapter 26

Cait's POV:

Dad has been given permission out of our cell to work each day. I'm allowed to wander about too. I spend time with Lydia. We used to be close growing up, we hadn't seen each other since before the apocalypse started.

We walked past a few people training. Three people (one of their friends' ended up on a spike due to my aunt), turned around. One of them, Gage put a sack on his head and said "hey Lydia! Think mommy will recruit me? Oh wait she kicked you out." His friends laughed. "Hey douchebags! I'm sorry what Alpha did to your friends but that's not Lydia's fault." I shouted. "What you gonna do about it?" Margot sneered, I got closer and they backed off. "If you keep tormenting her, I'll personally shove a spike up your arses myself! And that ain't a threat, that's a promise!" They backed off even more. Lydia walked off and I got took back to the cell.

Dad came in not long after. "You threatened the bullies?" He crouched down to my eye level. "I'm sick of people treating Lydia like shit dad. She doesn't deserve it." I told him. Dad put his hand to my face. "I know babygirl I know. I told Lydia to try and kill them with kindness, see how that works out." I nodded and gave him a hug.

It was getting late and I was wandering outside. I heard a scream. Those three douches were attacking Lydia. "Hey!" I said loud enough and I got Margot and punched her in the face. Next thing I knew I got shoved to the floor, and got stamped on a few times and I blacked out.

I woke up in the cell, my head rested on dad's knees. Daryl was at the other side. "Look screw her, world's better off without her for beating a kid." Dad said. "You killed Margot?" I asked. "It was an accident darling, I threw her off Lydia and she hit the concrete." "Bitch deserved it." I said quietly. "I wanna know why you both help Lydia so much. I want the truth." Daryl said. I looked up at dad and he sighed. "She's my niece." Daryl looked pissed. "What?" "Her mom. Alpha as everyone knows her. She's my sister. Haven't seen either of em since this shit world started so I had no clue about my sister being the leader of those skin freaks." Daryl then left the cell. "How you doing baby girl?" He asked. "Honestly, I'm in agony dad. My head's killing." I replied. "You get some sleep sweetheart." He whispered and kissed my head. He sat on the floor and stroked the hair out of my face until I fell asleep.

When I woke up, I was in Dad's arms in a forest. "Ummm how are we out of the cell?" I asked confused as Dad put me down. "Don't worry about that Cait." He smiled. "What about Lily and the twins?" I panicked. "They're safe sweetheart. They don't know we're gone, but everyone will find out soon enough. We'll see em again. Don't worry baby girl." I turned around and saw Brandon. Oh for fuck sake. It was bad enough that he'd always be up my arse every time he saw me in the Sanctuary. Then he had to make sure me and dad were behaving. He started ranting on about the Sanctuary and how Rick came along et cetera. I just blocked him out. I couldn't be arsed listening to him kissing my dad's arse.

A walker grabbed my foot and I fell, dad got its attention but it ended up on top of him. My ankle was in too much pain to help him. But dad managed to get some barbed wire that was placed probably by my Aunt's people, and tore its head off. Dad helped me up and Brandon showed dad his leather jacket and a Lucille replica. Dad didn't wanna be noticed though so didn't take em.

We stopped at the edge of the forest, just watching some walkers. "I'd say that one's a 5". Brandon said randomly, both me and dad gave him a 'what the fuck look'.

Negan's POV:

This kid is really pissing me off. "What? Isn't that what Saviours would do?" Brandon asked. "I don't remember ranking walkers on their hotness." I rolled my eyes. "And literally any of them are still hotter than you." I heard Cait mumble. I smirked at her and winked. I pulled her in closer and she rested her head on my shoulder.

We heard screams and ran to an abandoned bus where a woman and kid were fighting off walkers, we helped kill them. Then the woman told us what happened and I told em I know a place where they can be safe. The mom and her son Milo went to gather their stuff, then Brandon suggested killing them. What the fuck? He's still trying to be like how the Saviours were. I told him to scram and he fucked off. "Thank fuck for that." Cait sighed.

We both went outside and saw Milo playing with a plane. He probably has never experienced a flight so I told him about one me, Cait and Lucille went on. "Jeez Caitlan here was only about two, we were heading to Florida. And the meals were terrible. Lucille hated the beef stroganoff. She called it shit. Well Caitlan was at that age where she repeated and she shouted she wasn't eating that shit. Me and Lucille were pissing ourselves. A few others were too and others were judging. But it's those small moments I miss." I sighed and I saw Cait hold the locket Lucille gave her before she died. She smirked slightly at my story. "I miss her too darling" I kissed the top of Cait's head. I taught Milo the art of nut tapping, which I taught Cait when she first started school. I mean she did get in trouble a couple of times but she did it as self defence so me and Luce never gave her grief on it. Basically you let your wrist go limp, you work it up and then twang a guy in his nuts.

Me and Cait decided to gather up some wood for a fire. But when we got back to the bus, we saw Milo and his mom dead on the floor, and Brandon standing over them looking proud. Me and Cait dropped the supplies. "Yes I am Neg-" I grabbed a brick and hit him on the head until he was dead and I kept beating. "Dad" Cait put her  hand on my shoulder but in retaliation my hand flew back and hit her face. Shit. "Shit I'm so sorry darling." I instantly stopped beating the mush of what was left of Brandon and went to Cait. She had a cut on the side of her face. She winced at first and I could see tears in her eyes well up. "I'm ok." She said wiping the cut. I took my leather jacket, Cait's leather jacket and Lucille replica out Brandon's backpack and after putting it on, brought Cait into a hug. "I didn't mean to hurt you baby girl." I kissed the top of her head. "I know daddy, it's ok." She wrapped her arms around me and we walked off.

We were in the woods and I was talking-almost yelling, knowing my sister's people would be around. "Are you afraid of the big bad wolf?" And with that a bunch of folks appeared from out the trees, with a huge guy leading. "Holy fucking shit" Caitlan blurted out. We both got blindfolded, our weapons took off us and we walked. Me being me, I kept talking to try and rile the big guy up, until we stopped. My blind fold was removed. I saw that Cait's was removed too and they had a knife to her throat. "Too loud. Silence. Or she dies." Big guy whispered. He clearly saw the fear in both mine and my daughter's faces, I nodded and we were gagged instead of blindfolded and we carried on walking.

Sorry it's taken a while to update guys! Hope you like this one