Chapter 16

Caitlans POV:

So today we're heading to Alexandria. Mom and Lily are staying here though. The other night, Sasha broke in so dad had her in a cell. He wants to try and reason with Rick. So we're taking Sasha to go talk to him.

We were already about halfway to Alexandria. "You ok Cait darling?" Dad asked. "Yeah I'm ok daddy." I smiled and dad kissed my head.

Little time skip:

One thing Rick didn't know was that Jadis and the Scavengers made a deal with us after making one with them. Dad told Rick that we have Sasha alive and well in the coffin we brought.  Rick wanted to see Sasha so dad let her out but she was a walker and went for dad. Shit. Dad was on the floor, Sasha attacking him. I managed to get her off dad and stabbed her. I helped dad up. "Thanks Princess. Let's go. Saviours! Bombs away."

The fight was pretty brutal. I had dad's back, making sure he won't get hit. Just about most people from Alexandria were dead. We had Carl on the floor at gun point. I wasn't the one that pointed the gun at him. Dad told Rick he's gonna cut off Carl's arm, and Rick gave the whole "I'll kill you" mellarky. Well as dad raised the axe to cut off Carl's arm (it was hard for me coz I stupidly still have feelings for him) but one of the Saviours got attacked by a tiger. A fucking TIGER!

Both the Kingdom and Hilltop had attacked us, to help Alexandria. I saw Enid, and Maggie! "The damn widow is still alive!" Dad shouted. We ran. I took a shot at Enid. I managed to hit her leg and she fell, but then I felt something hit my stomach. A bullet. I felt blood pouring out my stomach, I fell but dad caught me.

Negan's PoV:
"No! Cait." I felt myself tear up. Not my baby girl. I can't lose her. I hid behind a truck, holding Caitlan. "Th-this blood better wash out my leather jacket." She choked, trying to laugh. "Let's get you back to The Sanctuary baby. You'll be ok." I said through the tears. I carried Cait to the truck and I told Simon to get the first aid kit as he drove and I flipped off the Alexandrian pricks as we drove. I managed to get the bullet out of my little girl's stomach, she was screaming in agony. It's killing me. Simon gave me some bandages and I put a lot of pressure on my baby's wound. "It hurts daddy." She sobbed. "I know baby. I know."

As soon as we got back to The Sanctuary, I ran like fuck carrying my baby girl up to the infirmary. "Carson you better do everything you can to save my baby girl or I swear to fucking god!" I growled and Carson told me he'd do everything he can, he told me to go up to my room and rest a bit. How? How can I do that? My baby has been fucking shot! And how do I tell Diana and Lily?

I went upstairs and as soon as I opened the door Lily ran up to me. "Dada!!" I lifted her up. "Hey sweetheart." Diana knew something was wrong. Lily looked confused. "Cakey?" My heart just keeps breaking. "She's been shot. She's in the infirmary." I told them. Lily didn't understand but Diana started crying.

A couple hours later...

I had told the Saviours that we're going to war. Me, Diana and Lily then went to the infirmary to see Cait. She's unconscious but as soon as Lily saw her she said "Cakey!!" She knew something was wrong when Cait didn't reply. She started crying and screaming. It broke my heart. But Lily got off my knee and cuddled up to Cait. She was sobbing like crazy. After a couple minutes though, Caitlan woke up. "H-hey Lil." She croaked. Cait tried to sit up but she winced in pain. "Just relax sweetheart." Diana said. "Is she going to be ok?" I asked Carson. "Yes she'll be fine. I'd like to keep her overnight in here just to check on her and then in the morning, she'll be able to leave." "D-Dad can you stay with me?" She asked me. "Of course I will baby girl."

Lily wanted to stay in the infirmary but it'd have been best for her to stay in our room with Diana. I told Carson to put another bed next to Caitlan's so that it made a double bed. I got on my bed next to Cait. She was in agony. I shuffled up to her so that she didn't have to move and I gently lifted her up and cuddled her. "Don't leave me daddy." She sobbed. "Never darling. Never." I kissed the top of my Cait's head. "Dad, I-I still have feelings for Carl. I hate him for what he did but for some reason I still love him. You know I'd never choose them over you. Please don't be angry." "Sweetheart, I'll never be angry with you. Not over something like that. You're my baby girl and I know you love him. And I know he still loves you darling. I know he's with that - umm - Enid is it? But I see how he looks at you. And I know you'd never betray me sweetheart. I trust you with my life." Cait cuddled into me more. "I'm scared dad." "Me too baby, me too. But we'll get through this. Them arseholes will pay." I had flashbacks of when Cait was in hospital. Before this world began and she was beat up by bullies. When I had an affair instead of being there for my baby girl. I ain't making that mistake again. I still hate myself for that. "Daddy?" I was brought out of my daze. "Hmm?" "You ok?" "Course I am darling." "What were you thinking about?" Cait asked curiously. "When you were in hospital before this world happened." I felt myself tear up. "Daddy that wasn't your fault." "I know baby but I should have been there for you. And your mom." Cait reached her hand up to wipe my tears. "That was then. You're here with me now." She smiled weakly at me. "And I'm going absolutely fucking nowhere. It's getting late darling. Let's get some sleep." I pulled the blankets up and held my baby girl protectively as she fell asleep. Not long after, I fell asleep cuddling my daughter, not wanting to ever let go.

That's chapter 16 guys! Let me know what you think.