Chapter 24

Flashback:

Negan's POV:
"Say that again?" I couldn't believe what Lucille just told me. "I'm pregnant." She smiled. I can't believe it. I'm gonna be a dad. "I fuckin love you Luce." I smiled and pulled my beautiful wife into a hug. "I love you too."

We were sat on the sofa and I just had my hand on Lucille's belly. "Negan you won't feel anything yet." Lucille smiled at me. "I know. I just can't believe we're gonna have a baby."

Two months later...

Lucille's baby bump is beginning to show. It's too early in this stage to know the baby's gender but I'm so bloody excited to be a dad.

I'm sat on the sofa next to Lucille. "Negan quick give me your hand." She said as she grabbed my hand and put it on her stomach. Our baby was kicking. I could feel myself tear up. "Aww is the big bad coach crying?" Lucille teased. I leant down and kissed her baby bump. "Do you want a boy or girl?" Luce asked. "Honestly I don't mind. I've always wanted a little girl though, another girl to spoil all the time as well as my beautiful wife. But no matter what, daddy loves you so much". I said the last part to the bump.

4 months into the pregnancy:

Today we're finding out whether we're having a boy or girl! I'm so excited! Later, my mom and my sister Annie are coming over for dinner so we can tell them.

We're at the doctors and Lucille has just got on the bed to get her ultrasound. After a few moments, we heard our baby's heartbeat. "You got one strong baby. Would you like to know the gender?" The doctor asked. Me and Luce looked at each other and nodded. "Congratulations. You're having a baby girl." I teared up. I'm gonna be having a little girl. I pulled Lucille in for a cuddle and we shared a kiss.

When we got home, I starting to prep for dinner. All Lucille has been craving is my homemade spaghetti. I ain't gonna disappoint my girls. My baby girl ain't even born yet and she loves my cooking.

My mom and Annie came round whilst the spaghetti was cooking. I plated everything up. "So are ya gonna tell us?" Mom asked impatiently. I looked at Lucille. "Go on I know you want to." She smirked. "We're having a baby girl." Annie had a big grin on her face. Mom got up and pulled me in a hug, which was a bit hard since I'm taller than her. "Oh Annie. Me and Negan wanted to know if you'd be godmother?" Luce said. "I'd love to!" Annie smiled.

Lucille giving birth:

"Negan! I think my waters just broke."Lucille groaned. "Ok sweetheart, let's get you to the hospital." I immediately got up, helped Lucille up and ready and grabbed her bag on the way out to the hospital.

Lucille is nearly there. She's doing really well.  She gave that one last push, and we heard our baby girl crying. The nurse asked if I wanted to cut the umbilical cord. "You bet I fucking do!" I smiled. "Language Negan!" Lucille snapped.  I knew it was the hormones playing up. But I cut the umbilical cord and the nurse gave our baby to Luce. "What do ya wanna call her darling?" I asked Lucille looking at our beautiful baby. "How about: Caitlan?" She suggested. Our baby's eyes opened as soon as the name was suggested. I smiled. "It's the perfect name for her." Caitlan's little eyes gazed up at me. Fuck. She's got me wrapped around her little finger already.

The next day, we got to go home. "You go lay down for a while Luce, I'll have cuddles with Caitlan for a while down here." Lucille planted a kiss on Cait's head before she went up for a sleep.

"Ok baby girl, it's just you and me for a while." Cait just gazed up at me. I held my baby girl's little hand, her tiny fingers barely wrapped around my thumb. "Daddy's little saviour." I whispered and gently placed a kiss to Caitlan's forehead and she slowly dozed off in my arms.

Time skip:

Cait is 6 months old! She's still so tiny. I went back to work a couple weeks ago, her tiny hands tried to keep grasp of my leather jacket, crying like crazy before I had to go. It just breaks my heart. When I get home though she always has the biggest smile and makes grabby hands for me to pick her up. I miss her and Lucille so much when I'm working.

Today we're off to Mom's. It's her birthday and she's having a barbecue and I'm gonna be manning the grill. I was in my jeans and grey shirt with my leather jacket. Lucille wore a red all in one and Cait was in a little purple dress with a black leather jacket. "Gorgeous like her momma and style like daddy." I smiled as I planted a kiss on her head and Lucille stroked her cheek.

We got a cab to Mom's because since were having a few drinks, she said we can stay for the night. Obviously supplies we brought mainly consisted of diapers, milk bottles, Cait's toys and other essentials.

At Mom's, Annie was already there. Cait was fast asleep so me and Lucille put her in her stroller. I helped mom get all the food out to put on the grill. It's only us 4 but we can eat. We had some seafood, burgers and steaks.

As the food was cooking, we heard Cait crying. Lucille got her out of her stroller. "Smells like someone needs changing." She scrunched her nose and laughed. "Want me to go change her?" Annie offered. She took Cait inside and changed her diaper before coming back out. "Looks like she loves her Aunt Annie." Mom smiled. "Duh why wouldn't she?" Annie laughed.

When all the food was cooked I sat down in between Lucille and Annie. As soon as Cait saw me, she made grabby hands. "Come to daddy then baby girl." I chuckled and Annie passed her over. Lucille passed her her teddy and she cuddled it like crazy. Mom put the food on the table and we all began eating. Cait occasionally tried grabbing my food so I broke small bits off and gave her it. "Already like daddy" Luce laughed. "You bet she is!" I smiled and lifted my baby girl above my head who squealed with laughter, gently hitting my face.

We had a good day. Mom enjoyed her birthday. It's getting pretty late but we're having a few drinks. Cait is cuddled up to my chest, fascinated and playing with the zip on my leather jacket. "All those toys you brought with ya and she's more interested in your zipper." Mom chuckled. I smiled and kissed my baby girl on her head. She just snuggled into my leather jacket more.

We stayed in my childhood bedroom. Funnily enough I had a queen size bed since I didn't like being cramped on to a single small bed. Me and Lucille got Cait changed into her pyjamas. "She's so tiny" I smiled looking down at my baby girl in pride. "Yeah there's that but your bed is freakishly large. Kinda like something else of yours." She winked at me. I chuckled and gave her a kiss. Cait was giggling and clapping her hands. Both me and Lucille got into our own pyjamas before getting into bed. Cait crawler up onto my chest and started hitting me gently. I just tickled her sides and she nearly rolled off my chest and off the bed, luckily I caught her just in time. She wouldn't stop laughing. Lucille fed her her bottle, but she wouldn't go to sleep. I stroked her face with my thumb and started singing Aerosmith's 'Don't Wanna Miss A Thing'. Cait was giggling and then dozed off. Lucille smiled at our baby girl and laid her in between us both. We both planted a kiss on Cait's head. "We love you so much sweetheart." Lucille whispered. "Always and forever" I smiled and we both fell asleep, cuddling our baby girl.

Sorry it's been a while guys! I had a bit of writers block for this story! Hope you like it!