"You do have them you're just inept".

I gave him a death glare, he's pushing it. "Well doesn't matter. Especially if I can't command everyone anyways. Our plan of trying to command three quarters of the pack wouldn't work. What we need are solid arguments that try to make Sam look like an even bigger dick then he already is." 

Embry just started at ceiling. "We are so fucked."

Yeah he's right we're screwed.

Sam had pulled two dinning tables together and two groups were at each end of the massive table.

'On Team Go Suck a Dick!': Sam,Emily, Jared,Paul, Quil, Brady,Colin,Kim,Claire and some old council dude I didn't know the name of. 

'On Team We Don't Kill People!': Me, Embry, Rachel, Sue, Billy.B and Que. 

Each team was to elect a speaker. Team Suck,  had instantly picked Sam. No brainer there I guess. Our team already seemed to be struggling. 

Embry rubbed his forehead in frustration. "It should be April that speaks! She's Jacob's imprint".

Que smiled reassuringly. "Embry while I believe my granddaughter would do an excellent job. I think that the current Chief of our tribe should speak on our behalf".

Rachel made what I could only describe as a affirmative hmm. 

To be honest I didn't care who spoke as long as we won. I doubted Sam would talk over Billy the way he would me.

Billy cleared his throat. "That's all very well and good Quil, but while I would like the opportunity to speak for my sons life I think April would be our best option. She's fighting for her own life if Jacob dies and there's no greater motivator then self preservation". 

My mum kissed his cheek and thanked him. Oh fuck what am I even going to say?. All that  wasted time leaning on the wall next to Embry,I should've been writing a god damn speech!. I suddenly felt sick. God what if Sam wins this and I lose my siblings. I'm a scarred seventeen year old going up against a literal pack of wolves. I gulped in slight fear...why couldn't Jacob imprint on Leah, she'd be so much better at this than me.

Billy nodded, ignored my wait stop look and made eye contact with Sam. "We choose April Mae Clearwater to speak". 

I could tell instantly by Sam's relived look that he thinks he's got this it in the bag, he's probably right too. I remembered that day he interrogated me after Jacob 'kidnapped' me. I knew his style. 

Samuel Uley is intimidating, big and an interrogator. He asks fast and directed questions that require straightforward answers. Yes or no. Usually done to belittle and leave no room to defend yourself or your actions. That's it. He's going to try to belittle me. But he doesn't know my style. 

I'm April Fucking Clearwater. Cheerleading Captain, Prom Queen, Class President and the Alpha Female to Jacob's pack. I was bloody born to lead! Probably the only other person in this tribe that could rival the leadership skills of a born Alpha. I'm his equal fucking match, meaning I'm above the likes of Samuel Uley, No! I'm meant to lead Samuel Uley.

Besides your looking at La Push's Debate Captain three years running!. I'm gonna rebuttal the fuck outta Uley's questions.

Look I'm not saying I'm feeling an urge but I'm not, not saying it. I felt bloody empowered. My tribe needs me to save it and I'm literally stepping up to the plate. It seemed my team felt it too because they all stepped back as if they could sense that shit is about to go down.