Chapter 10: Spare Parts

Start from the beginning

I walk over to the crates and open one of them.

'That's because they're empty. Dumbass.'

I sigh and close the crate again.

'There has to be a dock nearby somewhere. I need to talk to Markus.'

I roam the ship until I finally find Markus.

"Markus."

He turns around to face me with a soft smile on his face. "Hey, (Y/n). You need something?"

"Markus there has to be something we can do. These androids are badly damaged and will shut down if we don't get them new parts."

"That's true but how do you suspect we'll get them?" He asks.

I point to the crates. "I need you to scan those crates. Find out which dock they came from. Then we can form a plan from there." Markus looks at me in shock. "What?"

He shakes his head. "I just keep forgetting how smart you are."

I smirk. "Come on," I say and grab his hand, dragging him to the crates. He scans the crates and looks at me.

"They're from a warehouse on West Torrance Avenue. I'm calculating a route now but we need to discuss this with Simon."

I nod and we walk over to Simon.

"Simon!" Markus calls to him.

Simon opens his eyes and looks at us.

"We know where we can find spare parts," I say as I step forward.

"The CyberLife warehouses in Detroit Harbor, they have everything we need," Markus adds.

"The docks are guarded," Simons says. "We can't just walk in there and take what we want. Humans will never let us."

"Who said we were asking for permission?" I ask with a mischievous smirk.

"We don't have any weapons," Josh says, joining the conversation. "And even if we did, none of us knows how to fight."

"We can steal what we need without fighting," Markus says.

"Yeah because we're gonna sneak into the warehouses, take what we need, and be out before anybody notices," I say.

"We'll just get ourselves killed," Josh argues.

"It's better than waiting here to be shut down, Josh. Your people need these spare parts." I say to him.

"I'm with you."

All of us turn to look at North. I open my mouth and close it again.

"I'm sorry, did I just mishear you or did you agree with me?" I ask, shocked that she actually did.

"Oh, I want to take it back now." She says.

"No, no, no. You can't retract it. Thank you."

'I'm finally starting to get through to her.'

"Maybe it's worth a try." Simon pitches in.

We all look at Josh, awaiting his answer.

"Ok. I'm in."

"Yes. Let's do this." I cheer.

"Not so fast," Markus says. "You're staying here."

"What? Why? I came up with the idea." I cross my arms in protest.

"Yes, I know, but it's too dangerous for you."

"Not if I carry her on my back."

We all look over to see Rupert coming towards us.