Chapter 9

The Sith apprentice had to hand it to the Jedi, he was quick at bouncing back—though she could do without the mistrusting rage simmering in his presence. She'd known it'd happen; regardless of what she'd said, Anakin was no fool and knew the consequences should she spill about who she really was and where she was really from. Saying that "I'm your apprentice from the future after you've turned to the darkside. You sent me back in time to save your wife from death" would not go well.

Of course, Eclipse had hoped she'd manage to make it clear that she had no intention of doing damage to their family. All the same, she didn't blame him for remaining guarded. She would have been concerned if he hadn't.

After all, she knew far more than she should....but she just couldn't help but make sure he knew that it was twins. She didn't want him to be so lost to it if, for whatever reason, she failed.

Not that she was going to fail. As long as she was breathing, she was fighting to complete her Master's will, and this time would be no different.

Eclipse let out a long breath, studying the door she was standing in front of. Bright Force presences glowed on the other side and she found herself wishing she was anywhere but outside of the Jedi High Council's chambers.

She rechecked her Force presence. Invisible.

They'd want to see it. She could do a lot of things, but Eclipse wasn't sure she could hide the darkness residing within her completely—and a hint of it matched with whatever potential Kenobi described could land her on the death row.

Of course, I didn't have much choice, Vader's Shadow mused to herself as the door rose. She could feel Anakin—still raging but forcing himself to calm for the same reason she was tripling her mental shields—just behind her before he strode forward and entered first. Eclipse followed.

She nearly winced. The Force was so blasted bright. Accompanied with the stares of the most powerful Jedi in the Order, and she felt sick.

But Eclipse was Vader's Shadow if nothing else, so she remained straight and tall, refusing to bend down to the pressure of the light.

"I have brought the girl, Masters," Anakin said, giving the Jedi a bow. Eclipse, despite her pride, followed suit.

"Forward come, young one," an odd sounding voice said. Her eyes landed on a small green creature sitting in one of the chairs. His size didn't fool her, the Sith apprentice could sense the power rolling off of him.

Under normal circumstances if anyone besides Vader tried to use such belittling terminology with her, they'd be dead in the next second. Eclipse figured that under the circumstances, he was her elder by quite a bit, and that it was in her best interest to obey. She forced her eyes not to narrow and came forward as asked, even as Anakin stepped back to the side of the room to watch.

"What is your name?" a second Jedi asked, this one she recognized immediately as Mace Windu.

"Eclipse," Vader's Shadow responded, her voice firm.

"Is that a last name or a first?"

"It is my name."

"But not your name, it is," the green one said again, eyes narrowing as his ears flattened. "A title, it is."

Smart troll. "Indeed," Eclipse said, tilting her head in acknowledgement and respect as being caught—rare were the days someone besides Vader managed and she couldn't help the small rize of excitement at the Council's challenge, "however, only my Master and myself know my other name, which also remains incomplete. I find it doubtful you'd like it any more or less."