Chapter 1

Lady Eclipse—better known to the galaxy as Vader's Shadow and his faithful apprentice—did not particularly like the position she had found herself in as she silently stood guard in the Emperor's throne room as they waited for Vader to inform the Sith Lord of Luke Skywalker's capture. It seemed to be a simple thing, but neither Eclipse nor Vader liked it when Palpatine himself ordered them seperate ways.

Especially, when it included Eclipse staying by the Emperor's side. On more than one occasion he had used her life as a way to remind her Master who he was and there was never a time Vader's Shadow would like to be left alone in a room with him.

"Come here, my dear," Palpaine's voice said in a near murmur, bringing the Sith apprentice's attention from her thoughts and to the present. He was seated in his throne, facing away from her and looking out the window at the moon of Endor.

"Yes, Your Majesty," Eclipse responded, venturing up the steps and closer to the chair. "Is there something you require?"

"....Do you know what Lord Vader wishes to do with young Skywalker?" the Emperor asked instead. Eclipse was silent for a moment, carefully considering her response.

"He wishes to turn him and further the Empire's glory. Train him to give you another powerful agent to do your bidding," Vader's Shadow answered, knowing that only part of the answer was true.

Oh yes, Vader wished to turn Skywalker, that could not be denied.

What Palpatine didn't know was that once Skywalker had fallen, the three of them would kill the elder Sith and take control.

"Yes. He wishes to turn him and train him," Palpatine's voice agreed. "Come closer, my dear."

The Sith apprentice did as asked, coming to stand beside the throne though she couldn't help but begin to feel cautious. The Force assured her nothing was the matter.

"Do you know what that means?" the Emperor asked. "Vader's wish to train Skywalker?"

"....He will have a new apprentice, one that can learn the Force's teachings far better than I ever could," Eclipse said slowly. It was a lie. She was Force sensitive and had been learning all of the Sith teachings her Master had given to her for the past seven years.

But Palpatine didn't know that. He thought she was mindly sensitive, not even worth the attention of a Jedi.

"But you still see yourself continuing down your....current path," Palpatine said.

"Of course. I may not be sensitive, but my abilities have their uses to serve the Empire."

"Yes.... It truly is such a pity then...." he muttered, dropping off. Waiting for her to ask what was such a pity. Again Eclipse checked to make sure things were alright; again the Force reassured her.

"What is a pity?" the Sith apprentice finally asked.

"That your loyalty lies with your Master alone," the Emperor growled. Less than a quarter second later, lightning shot from Palptine's fingers, hitting her right in the chest. Eclipse screamed in shock, collapsing to the duristeel floor as the energy bolts continued to hit her in unending pain. It hurt. Great Force, it hurt.

The pain was eating at Eclipse's insides, forcing her to scream yet again. Vader had punished her before—pain brought power—but this was different. She hadn't even known Sith could create lightning, her Master had never taught her that, but great Force it was agonizing.

Eclipse wanted to fight back, try to absorb the energy, but she couldn't. She knew that she was not expected to and if she somehow succeeded in doing so, Vader would be in trouble. He couldn't get in trouble, not with Skywalker so close to being in his clutches. Her Master needed the boy more than he needed her. It was the truth, and it hurt more than the Force lightning digging into her flesh.