~*Ninth Chapter*~

Start from the beginning

"Just put it down, Katsuki!" Shoto's voice raised in anger, a look of pure irritation taking over his handsome features.

"Damn okay," Katsuki finally confessed, holstering his glock with bitterness coating his words. Izuku cocked his gun at this, and pointed it in the middle of Ikiyara's, the "failed" assassin, face.

Angel sighed as they shook their head in thought and broke their and Izuku's eye contact, looking for the right words to use.

"Look, I'm not gonna ask for forgiveness, because even if I did do something wrong, I know the company wouldn't give it to me. And I'm not gonna beg for mercy, because again, I know you wouldn't give it to me. Why?" They paused as they took a second to scrutinize Izuku's every move, then slightly smiling and bringing their hands from around their head onto their knees.

"Because I know you're an amazing assassin, Izuku Midoriya, and I'm happy to see that your parents did right by you," they finished.

Izuku was stunned, his gun starting to shake as he did as well.

"H-how do you-"

"Me and my best friend used to babysit you when you were small. We were the only ones who understood why and were the only ones who would accept the price your mother gave us. While your dad and your mom went out, taking nonstop jobs to support all of you, we took turns taking care of you. Sometimes it was even a team effort," Angel interspersed, starting to play with their fawn colored hair.

"You were so cute and stubborn, we never wanted to give you up. But sadly we did, and your mom stopped having us come over. We still don't know why, or at least, I still don't know why. But that doesn't matter, now does it, Izuku?" They looked up at the freckle-covered male with a calm sort of happiness, reminiscing about the old days.

Izuku started to sweat a significant amount as the trembling his body was being attacked with never stopped, his brain filled to the brim with questions.

"W-who...was the other babysitter? Or, y-your best friend, at least?"

Angel gave Izuku a knowing smile as he asked the question, stopping their fidgeting and holding eye contact with him once again.

"Her name was Sabel, of course," they replied.

'Shit!' Izuku instantly cursed, grabbing onto his gun that was slipping from his grasp.

"You do what you gotta do, Izuku. I just...I guess I just wanted you to know that I loved the little you, and I love the big you, and I want the little you to help guide you for the rest of your life, y'know, before I go," Angel said, nostalgia and remorse dripping from their tone.

Izuku shook his head and squeezed his eyes shut, gripping his weapon filled with led even tighter than before.

"Are you really gonna fall for that, Deku? Like come on, those antics are classic-"

A booming sound blew the three teenage boys' eardrums as Angel's body hit the floor with a quieter thud, Izuku's eyes open way wider than before. Nobody said anything as Shoto and Katsuki closely monitored Izuku's every twitch of the eye and mouth, and every little tap of pointer finger on the side of his gun.

"Let's go, guys," he meekly told the others, lowering his glock and bolting for the front door. The two teenagers he left behind sprinted after him, keeping pace even as he sped down the stairs like goddamn lightning, and texted their driver to circle back around.

"You should put your gun away, Midoriya," Todoroki quietly encouraged, pointing to Izuku's black and silver glock. Midoriya complied by sticking it back into its rightful place on his hip, not waiting for either of them as he threw one of the back doors open and climbed into the van just as fast.