~*First Chapter*~

*Major Cussing Warning*

The sounds of puddles splashing as Izuku stepped in them never reached his ears, considering earbuds blasting miscellaneous artists that he never listened to individually were plugged into them. Droplets of sweat decorated his forehead as he trekked the long journey to his new school in the humidity; his puffy, white hoodie not making it any better.

Izuku never understood the need for actual education, when the career he planned to pursue had to do with street smarts for the most part. Of course, there would be times when he would have to go on mission with someone behind a computer guiding him from far away, but never pictured himself in said position. He was the more kickass type, honestly.

Assassination. The most badass, and reckless job anyone could take on in the entire world. Illegally, of course. Japan had banned the art in the mid-1980's, but many small/struggling companies handed out assassination jobs in secret, especially after the act was passed. The school that Izuku had enrolled for, and his mother had one to as well, was one of those companies, in fact. U.A. The most notorious assassination academy in the entire country; everybody but the government knew, and feared, them. It was pretty damn hard to get in, since anybody who tried to had to have at least already known self-defense pretty damn well, and how to maintain a fist-fight, or handle a knife.

"The art of killing is not simply taking someone's life," the people at U.A. always said.

Arriving at the front gate 20 minutes or so before the tardy bell rang, Izuku noticed there was quite an interesting amount of people already there, waiting for the gate to open. Not wanting to interact with anyone while it was as early as it was, Izuku stayed about a yard away from the eccentric group that was somehow managing to be louder than his booming music. Awkwardly stuffing his hands into the long pocket that was stitched on the front of his hoodie, Izuku waited patiently; unlike the clump of deafening strangers before him.

'I swear to every single thing that exists in the entire universe, if any of those annoying teenagers notice me, I'll-'

Izuku never got to finish his thought when an ear-splitting screech suddenly rang in the air, practically tearing his ear drums apart. Izuku jumped almost 2 inches in the air as soon as the piercing yell sounded, his hair standing on end and his earbuds twisting into weird positions when he reached for them in the moment. A girl with pink dyed hair and a crop-top being the one that had let out the cacophonous shriek, turned towards Izuku's direction and started to make her way over to him; ignoring the resounding complaints she was receiving because of the ungodly sound she had released.

Realizing it was him she had taken a notice to, Izuku scrambled to find a way out of this exchange that was sure to happen, and quickly came up with nothing, which resulted in him just flipping his hood up and staring at the ground.

"Hiya there! I'm Mina, what's your name?" she obnoxiously introduced herself, drawing the others that were awaiting for the gate to open over to her ridiculously loud voice.

Panicking, Izuku decided to stay silent, not daring to even look at her or accept the hand that she had probably stuck out for him to shake.

"Okay, okay, you're not a very talkative person! Understandable! How 'bout we can just be acquaintances and talk only when you want to?" she compromised, respecting his personal space by keeping her distance, and trying her best to push down her urges to just wrap Izuku up in the biggest bear hug right then.

Izuku only slightly nodded his head, wanting to just be left alone in the moment, but didn't get a reaction from her, as the gate that led into the assassin school swung open at a snail's pace; inciting for the small crowd that was about to form around Izuku and Mina to disperse.