61- The Untold Prophecy

(An hour earlier)

Sitting on the roof of the school, Ginny couldn't help but admire the stars. Each one- though from afar looked the same- had a different story, and up close, an entirely different beauty.

Content, Ginny sighed- thankful from a break of the intense school scene, and lay down; her back resting on the cool tiles. For the first time in months, Ginny could finally relax- the crazy world that raged around her was finally shut out by the peaceful night sky.

Just as the silence was about to consume her and the exhaustion from the previous weeks kicked in, a melancholy voice from above spoke.

"Ginevra Weasley."

With closed eyes, Ginny's brow furrowed and her mind began to wake up.

"Ginevra Weasley." It spoke again.

Now fully aware of the strange voice, she opened her eyes and was met with a shining light in the distance- gradually getting closer. Alert, she sat up, as the bright light merged into an illuminated person.

"What the hell is going on?" Ginny wondered- trying to understand wether or not it was a dream or reality. Looking at the persons face, Ginny saw its was a woman- and by her humoured smile, Ginny realised she spoke her thought out loud.

Turning red from embarrassment, the woman spoke.

"Do not worry child. For you are my descendent- my magic runs through your veins. You have been chosen to save the magical world and I am here to guide you." The woman said.

She wore a white robe- like a Greek goddess, with a golden leaf band around her pale white hair.

"What?" Ginny asked, "save magic kind? Harry is supposed to kill Voldemort- and he isn't even here yet."

Shaking her head, the woman moved closer to Ginny, before stopping as she stood in front of her.

"That is the prophecy among the magic folk. In the sky- the gods have decided a different one. You are the only one to know of this prophecy."

"What? But what is the prophecy?" Ginny asked, uncertain of what to believe.

Raising her hands, she placed them on Ginny's temples, and rested her forehead against hers.

A white fog covered Ginny's eyes, and she felt as if she weighed less than a feather. The sound of falling rubble and sniffles consumed her ears, and, as she opened her eyes, she was met with the sight of Hogwarts- though only destroyed.

The once grand stone brick walls, were now mere pebbles, and the picturesque views of ancient architecture were replaced by upturned hedges, and layers of mud- dotted with debris and dead bodies. The sky was coated in a gloomy grey sheet, and the school looked as if it were a ghost town.

"Harry Potter is dead!" Exclaimed a cloaked figure on the ground.

Zoning in on the owner of the voice, Ginny was met with the noseless face of her childhood night terror. Tom Riddle- now known as Voldemort.

Ginny reached out her hands and tried to throttle the pale worm of a wizard, but only to find her hands went right through him. With an hanging mouth, Ginny excamibed her hands- only to find them a pale crystal colour, and jumped at the sight.

"You are not actually here." Spoke a voice from behind.

Turning, Ginny saw the same pale lady standing next to her- a kind smile on her face.

"How?" Ginny questioned.

"You are looking at a prophecy. Your actions can not affect it."

"How am I doing this? Has this already happened?"

Smiling, the woman shook her head, and placed a hand on her shoulder.

"My first prophecy- I watched my son be devoured by monsters. You are handling this much better than I did." She smiled, "just watch."

Turning back to the scene, Ginny grimaced as she watched.

"Who shall join me as a death eater and live in honour?" He demanded.

"The only honour to be recurved shall be from killing you!" An opposing voice cried, as a bolt of gold light smashed into Voldemort, knocking him over.

Not soon after, fighting began once more, and Ginny was pulled back up to the sky- the scene getting further and further away, till all she could see was fluffy white clouds.

A moment later, and Ginny was sat back on the roof top.

"What- what was that?" She asked, out of breath.

"An insight to the future- a prophecy in other words. These are not certain, but only in rare cases do they change. You have seen what could happen, and it is in your power to fulfil it- if you chose- or change fate. Your destiny determines the magical worlds one to. Harry Potter is just the king on the chess board. You are the queen. You decide who lives and who dies."

"Me? But who am I to hold such a responsibility?" Ginny questioned, unbelievingly.

Smiling, the woman made no answer.

"Harry Potter shall come soon. You must ready your troops. The wizarding world is at stake." Spoke the woman, kissing the top of Ginny's head before drifting back up into the sky.

"But who are you? How do I know you are speaking the truth?" Ginny called, making her smile.

"Because I am Asteria." She said, as her pale body got consumed by the black night, and Ginny saw no more.

Opening her eyes, Ginny bolted up right, energy coursing through her veins. She was sitting on top of the castle, the sky a pale grey blue, and a small speck of white shon in the distance.

"What in the world?" She wondered, as she pieced together her 'dream'.

Shaking her head, Ginny climbed back down from the roof- after taking a long hard stare at the new star to sit among the sky, and ran back to her dorm, eager to find the book Madame Malkin gave her when she got her dress.

Bursting into her room and tearing open her trunk, Ginny dug deep to the bottom, where the forgotten book lay. As she grasped the old bindings in her hands, she pulled it out, and, after settling at the foot of her bed, began to skip through the book, trying to find her page.

Prophetic Dreams

Scanning her eyes over the ancient writing, Ginny finally understood what happened.

She dreamt of a prophecy, and spoke to Asteria, who gave her her powers. In the dream she showed her what could happen, and Ginny shook with fear.

Wait. She thought. She said Harry was coming.

Bolting up, she legged it out of the room, in search of Draco, making sure to grab her wand on the way out.

Thank you for reading x
Hope you liked it x
Thank you everyone for your support 💗