31- The Dark Mark

900!!! Xxxx

Ginny's alarm clock bearer loudly in her ear, causing her to jerk up and hit it to stop. Hermione sat up, her hair pointing out at every direction as she quickly pulled out her wand.

"Who's there?" She bellowed.

Groaning, Ginny told her it was all right, and the next second, Hermione's head was back on her pillow, as her loud snores drowned the room.

Pulling on her quidditch robes, she headed out, upset she could not lay in her bed the whole day.

At the practice, the clear cool chill of winter nipped at her face as she flew, causing her teeth to chatter and goose bumps to erupt all over her skin. The rest of the team felt it too, when they caught or deflected the ball, their hiss from their frozen fingers being bashed against the rough surface of the quaffle, spread throughout the air.

Once their practice finished, the clock had struck six, and Ginny was desperate to feel the warmth of her home.

Draco walked down the stairs of his childhood home, with his deranged aunt at his side, whispering excitedly besides him.

"Finally, you shall belong to the dark lord, just as I have and your parents. I am proud of you nephew." She said- trying to sound kind, but to Draco, it brought him inching away from her.

They walked into the large living room. All sofas and chairs, but one, were removed, and all historic paintings and old mirrors were hanging at winky angles, some had huge holes or rips along the front. Hovering along the walls, death eaters surrounded the only chair in the room, which seated, 'The Dark Lord.'

"Draco." Came the daunting voice of the man in the seat, as Draco and Bellatrix walked through the wall of coal black robes and chalk white masks.

"Lord Voldemort." Draco said, sounding strong, but inside he was shaking with fear.

The man in front of him was the palest man he had ever seen. Small grey lines of his veins worked up his neck and over his hairless face. His non existent nose made Draco feel on edge and his pale skin stood out even more with such dark robes.

"Draco, my boy. You have graced us with your presence at last." His snake like voice rang through the room. "I trust you are ready to follow your parents footsteps."

Draco glanced behind the frightening man and looked at his parents. His fathers face was stone, but his eyes shon with concern and regret. Lucius Malfoy was always so composed and stern, so seeing his fear caused Draco's nerves to skyrocket. His mother on the other hand wasn't so good at hiding her concern.

Her eyes were moist and filled with fear, while her lips were trembling slightly. He knew she didn't want him to do this, but if he didn't... they'd all die...

"Yes My Lord." Draco said, after giving his parents a reassured glance.

"Good." Voldemort said in his nerve raising voice.

"Oh! Dracie poo! Come to join the Death Eaters!" Cackled Bellatrix, running to his side.

"Calm down now Bellatrix." Voldemort spoke, softly, but still managing to send a chill down everyone's spines.

"Yes My Lord." Bellatrix said, retreating away to join the wall of death eaters.

"Come here." He demanded.

Draco took the steps forward on trembling legs, as he tried to swallow down his nerves. Now Draco was closer, he noticed the overgrown snake, intertwined between the mans pale feet.

'Keep calm.' He told himself, as he stood before the undead man, standing up.

"Give me your arm." Voldemort ordered, as Draco rolled his sleeve up, revealing his untainted flesh.

The no longer pure boy watched as Voldemort brought out his wand and placed it on Draco's wrist. The white man muttered small words, before a dark ink inched it's way up his arm. Biting his tongue, he watched as the forming dark mark contrasted against his pale skin, making Draco's heart beat out of his chest.

This was the end of his happy life he wished to have. This was goodbye to his hopes of growing old peacefully. This was the thing that would turn his world black.

As the ink stopped pouring out of the mans wand, he looked at the upside down mark on his arm.

The dark skull, with lifeless eyes, poured out a slithering snake from its mouth, sending chills up his body. The tattoo was so disturbing on his skin, a small red rash formed around the foreign ink, making it slightly itchy.

"Welcome to the death eaters." He smirked, "you shall now answer to me and bow down to the dark magic that now runs through your veins." Voldemort said, powerfully.

He placed a cold hand on Draco's shoulder and showed him off to the crowd of cloaked figures.

"This is your comrade." He spoke to them, "he is your equal."

Sitting down, Voldemort strokes his snaked head as Draco walked over to join his parents.

As Ginny watched Hermione leave to Rons room with her brother and Harry, Ginny picked up a few crackers and headed up to her room.

After her practice, she sat by the fire with the three and chatted happily together, until tea. Afterwards, the three left to talk in 'private' but Ginny knew it was something to do with the upcoming war.

Placing the plate on her desk, she walked over to her bedside draws and brought out Draco's letter. Drawing them to her nose she inhaled his faint scent of sandalwood making her smile.

Placing her quill on the parchment she began to answer his letter,

Draco,

Thank you for writing to me- I really miss you. No, 'how are you?' Is not a boring question, I am doing well thanks, and am counting down the days till I shall see you.

You don't need to worry about me- I'm fine- just missing you! And I could never forget about you- not even if I wanted to. I feel so safe with you- don't ever doubt yourself for a second.

Love, you are doing so well, I am so proud of you. You're the strongest man I know- don't loose faith. We shall be together again soon.

Trainings been tough. I've gone through the entire freezer, finding things to cool my sore muscles. The Harpies are so homely and kind, you needn't worry.

Only you can be as cringey and creepy as you want with me. I actually like it.

Thinking of you,
Love Ginny xx

Sealing the envelope, and putting it inside the one she had written to Blaise, she sent the owl on its way, as Hermione came into her room.

Thank you for reading!
Lucifer is sooo good! Xx