16- Potions

As Ginny entered the potions, she immediately spotted the back of a head, covered in blonde hair. Ginny completely forgot she had been moved up a year in her potions class.

She avoided him completely, storming to the opposite side of the classroom, hiding her face behind her cauldron. She didn't know who she sat next to till they poked her arm, catching her attention.

"Hey, Ginny. I can't believe you got moved up! Well done!"

Ginny turned to see an overly excited Hermione staring at her.
Nodded Ginny said a small thanks, and continued to hide behind her cauldron.

"Hey Gin, how does it feel to be with the grownups?" Called her brother, who sat behind her, next to Harry.

To the table next to them, Dean and Seamus looked over, smiling at Ginny. In front of them, Neville sat with a Griffindor Ginny didn't know.

She smiled, and turned to them, making sure she was still hidden.

"Shut up Ron." Shoulder Hermione.

"Alright children! Attention please!" Called Slughorn from the front of the class. "Today we will be brewing the famous Amortentia. Does anyone know what it does?"

Hermione stuck up her hand, drawing the professors attention. He looked to her left and saw a speck of red hair and half of a freckles face.

"Ah! Before we begin, we have a new student in our class. A potions genius- marvellous talent." He rambled on, "Maybe she can answer?" He asked, walking up to their table and leaning over the cauldron, eyeing a blushing Ginny.

She sat up, tucking a stray piece of hair behind her ear, which tips were bright red.

"Um, Amortentia is the most powerful love potion in the world." She mumbled.

Draco Malfoy's head shot up, after catching her voice. He was twirling with some of the ingredients before he heard her sweet melody he missed. He watched her intently, aswell as his other three friends, but he paid extra close attention to the red head.

"Im sorry my dear, I'm afraid my ears aren't as good as they were years ago, you'll have to speak up." Slughorn spoke, smiling.

"It is recognizable by its distinctive mother-of-pearl sheen and by the fact that its steam rises in characteristic spirals. The potion smells differently to different people according to what attracts them." She said, in a louder voice.

"Brilliant! Miss Weasley here got moved up for she could do all the potions in the class below. And don't indeterminate her; shes good at charms too, I'm sure, from the marvellous bat boogy hex I saw. Marvellous, simply marvellous." He rambled, walking back up to the front of the class.

Ginny felt a pair of eyes in her, and flickered her eyes to meet a pair of silver ones. She knew who they belonged to, but as much as she tried, she couldn't pull away. She could tell how tired and sad he had been. His eyes showed it all. They had lost their silver crystals Ginny adored. Hers probably looked just as dead. He noticed she had bags under her alluring eyes and the usual fire burning within them was extinguished.

Hermione glanced at her partner and noticed her entranced by something. Looking over, she saw Malfoy reflecting her mask.

Smirking to herself, she listened intently to the professor- at-least one of them had to.

After Slughorns instructions finished, Hermione prodded Ginny. Tearing her eyes away from Dracos, she turned to Hermione.

"You grab these." Hermione said, pointing to some of the ingredients, "and I'll get the rest."