Cultral Apropriation 🙅🏾‍♀️

Disclaimer: IF YOU GET OFFENDED, YOU'RE PART OF THE PROBLEM!!!!!

So before I start, I just want to tell you guys how much the black lives matter movement has really educated me, especially when it came to cultural appropriation.

I made a comment on this app many months ago about cultural appropriation and didn't understand why the Kardashians (more so Kim), would get a lot of flack for doing baby hairs or wearing cornrows- you name it. I didn't understand why black women would get so offended by it and now educating myself, I finally know the reason why.

Black women hairstyles like box braids, Fulani braids, Bantu knots, natural Afro/tight curly hair has been ridiculed by the white society for years. Black women would have to constantly straighten their hair or wear wigs because what they call their culture wasn't appropriate for schools, workforce, modelling agencies and so on.

Black women and black men as well have been turned away just for their natural hairstyles and as the white society has claimed it to be too "unprofessional".......and they say too unprofessional but look what Donald trump has on top of his head that he calls "neat".

Black people- especially black women have been called ghetto for their neatly styled hairstyles. Wearing big hoops would be frowned upon and having different coloured hair was also something people would make fun of when it came to black women rocking it....BUT, when it came to the Kardashians/Jenners.........they called it fashion.

Now thinking about it, it's starting to piss me the fuck of how some white women wear hairstyles created and formed by black women and all of a sudden are called trendsetters.

I get it, white women can do whatever they can with their hair, but when it comes to respecting another cultures hairstyle, it's never given. They want to rename other people's cultures and capitalise of off it without giving credit- that is why black women are angry when it comes to white women taking away from black culture without treating the culture with respect.

I don't want to play the blame game, but some black men are also the cause of it. When I mean black men (some) are the cause of cultural appropriation, I mean how you let the white women that disrespect black culture get away with it. You want everything from a black women shown on a white women, just for you to disrespect the black women that had all those beautiful features naturally just for a white women to pay big bucks to get achieve the "black women look".

Asian cultural appropriation is way more of a bugger issue than it is. It took me a while to figure that one out, but on many fast fashion clothing websites, all their clothing are taken from Asian culture and never credited. They take delicate, intricate symbolic patterns from a traditional Asian clothing used hundreds of years back as a part of history and turn them into their short tight fitting dresses, co-ord pieces or skirts. The amount of disrespect shown is absolutely disgusting to Asian culture. And yet again the white society have capitalised of their culture very well.

I also wanted to get this out there and I saw this on tiktok said by a black man he had a good point. Let me get this out though, every race appropriates culture, there's no such thing as black people don't appropriate culture and the reason why I'm only using black people is to support the black man's point. For ignorant black girls out there, you cannot complain about white people wearing box braids and feed in braids when you're appropriating asian culture by wearing chopsticks in your bun. To be honest thats an insult because Chinese don't wear chopsticks in their hair for decoration so your not only appropriating their culture, but disrespecting it. Do not complain about white Girls doing their edges if you're wearing Chinese oriental designs on your prettylittlething dresses- that's also disrespecting Chinese culture.

Fashion shows are the biggest shows that illustrate cultural appropriation to a very big extent. They over- exaggerate black culture, swooping the baby hairs- excuse me I meant their bangs on white models and call it fashion. I can't sit there and think that looks cute, the amount of disrespects I receive by looking at the models is enough for me.

Celebrities have also done that as well, over exaggerating the baby hairs and when it comes to apologises, they act oblivious to the situation. Like sis, you knew what you were doing, you know Damn well no black girls swoops their edges like that.

I'll never forget what Gucci did though- like what was their thought process when producing blackface clothing. Damn, they really thought they were doing something...

What I'll never understand is that when fashion photographers wanna use culture in their shoots, why don't you get the actual person from that culture to model it

What I'll never understand is that when fashion photographers wanna use culture in their shoots, why don't you get the actual person from that culture to model it. I'll never understand when they get white women to model afros when there are plenty of black women with natural, bigger and beautiful Afros. All they did with the white folks was use hairspray and tease their hair with a comb and call it an afro- I find that so offensive on many levels.

Like if you need an Asian women to model Asian culture, go and get the Asian women. Why on earth do you need to find a white person, just to extend their eyeliner to make it look as if they have small eyes or wearing the chopsticks in their hair- that I find very offensive.

I see Native American catwalks and it's such a big mess. I'm sure America has plenty of native Americans and still choose the same white People to model their headdress and over exaggerate their culture.

This is the thing I hate about the modelling industry, they over exaggerate other people's culture to a point of where they are mocking us. It's not cute at all. They try to make a statement, a theme, but the only theme I see is disrespect.

Like I don't understand, white people have culture? Don't they? Why can't they just start modelling their own culture instead of stealing over people's culture- it'll make a lot of people happier you know....food for a thought.