Chapter 43: Arrival

Começar do início

"What do you mean turn up? Bofur, where are they?" There was the sound of someone being slapped.

"Knock it off will ya," growled Bofur, swatting at Bifur.

"Tell me," she insisted. "Tell me what happened to them."

"They are lost," said Ori. "Fili, Kili, Bilbo and the elf Tauriel are all missing. We think they went after you and Throin, but none of them have returned yet." She could hear Legolas and Thorin talking somewhere close by.

"What about everyone else?" she asked. "Is anyone hurt?"

"Not too seriously," said Ori. "It didn't take long for the elves to stop fighting us and turn their attention to the spiders raining down on us."

"What of you lass, ya said there is something wrong with your eyes."

"Everything is blurry," she groaned. "And I feel like someone has a fist full of my guts." It was quiet for a moment and she felt fur brush her cheek as Bofur pulled something heavy over her. A comforting smell wafted over her and she knew it was Thorin's coat.

"Bofur, take me to Thorin please."

"He's a wee bit busy lass."

"I know," she said. "I want to know what's going on."

"It's not a good idea," he said. She could hear Thorin and Legolas breaking into an argument.

"You can take me or I will go myself." She shifted slightly, mustering all her strength as if she meant to get up.

"All right!All right, lass. I'll take you." Relieved but satisfied, she let herself fall back into Bofur's chest. Grunting, he rose to his feet.

"Durin's beard but ya two are a good match. Yer both as hard stubborn as diamonds." Another slap. Another expletive. "What it's true enough," defended the toymaker.

"Just take me to him, Bofur," she pleaded. Grumbling, he moved off and she grit her teeth against the pain as his movement jostled her.

"It's the only way she will live," came Legoles's voice from a blond blur. "You have to let me take her now."

"You're not taking her anywhere," retorted Thorin.

"Take me where?" asked Sara, cutting into the conversation from her place in Bofur's arms.

"I told you to keep her over there," said Thorin, clearly displeased.

"She threatened to come on her own if I didn't bring her," said Bofur. "She says her vision is blurred."

"That's not a good sign," said Legolas drawing closser. Before he could reach her Thorin scooped her out of Bofur's arms.

"Thorin, where are Fili, Kili, Bilbo, and Tauriel?"

"Lost. We are looking for them," he said simply.

"How long have they been gone?" she asked.

"Almost four hours now," said Legolas. "You need to leave with me now or it could be too late. You have at most five hours left."

"What about the others? We can't just leave them behind. We have to find them, they could be in real trouble."

"But you will be dead," insisted Legolas, irritated. "Myrin and Lierin are out looking for them but we don't have time to wait. We must go now. If I carry you and run we can reach the palace in a little over three hours. Once we arrive I can send others back to aid in the search. If you remain with your friends you will die and help may come too late to save them."