You're My Guest

"Yes exactly like that," Zori coaches through the phone sitting on the bathroom countertop as Rey works on her hair and makeup. Rey had always been good at makeup and putting together everyday outfits, but when it came to dressing up and doing more than normal, she was lost. The absence of Zori being here to help her was noticeable, but they were doing what they could through FaceTime.

After picking a dress, heels, and other accessories, Zori said goodbye and left Rey to eat something quick before Finn showed up. Since the whole Bumble reveal, he had been a little awkward with her the last two days but she chalked it up to him being attracted to her and trying to flirt.

When Finn showed up, she buzzed him in and waited by the door, checking her appearance one more time in the mirror before putting her coat on. She wore a deep maroon body con dress with a square neckline in the front and back with a fit that continued along her curves and ended just above her knees. She had paired a pair of black pumps that were secured by a strap around her ankles and a black sparkly clutch with a clasp and chain to hang over her shoulder.

As she heard his footsteps approaching, she opened the door, revealing Finn wearing a black suit and tie with his grey dress coat over it. He smiles as she opens the door all the way and he motions for her to hand him her black dress coat so he can help her into it.

Rey checks her hair which she had curled a little but left down before leaving and pulled her coat tight around her and buttoning it.

"Mr. Solo sent a car for me," Rey says as they walk downstairs.

"Really?" Finn says excitedly and Rey nods.

"He doesn't use his driver much because he prefers to walk, so he sends the car to get me."

"Strange dude, but the perks of working for him I guess," Finn shrugs.

Finn helps Rey into the car as she navigates moving in her spiked heels and then makes his way to the other side once she is settled in the seat. She notes how different the air is with Finn in the car compared to when Ben was in the car with her on Tuesday and Wednesday. When Ben was in here, the sexual tension could have been cut with a knife. But now, she barely even cared or was phased by the fact that Finn was here. Either Ben was totally messing her up, or she had absolutely no feelings for Finn despite his clear attraction to her.

The car slows and pulls up to the entry of the party and she looks at the decorated walkway leading to the entrance of the hotel. Reaching the end of the walkway, a man dressed in a tux opens the door and they step into the elegant foyer. "The party is on floor 76," the doorman says. "You can leave your coats over there at the coat check."

They follow where he just pointed and make their way to check their coats before getting onto the elevator with another couple that she doesn't recognize. Rey finds herself fidgeting nervously as the floor numbers rise and the elevator continues upwards, taking her closer to Ben.

The elevator dings, opening into another foyer, and they follow the other couple out. A large door is wide open on the other side of the foyer and they make their way into the elegant ballroom filled with people, multiple bars, multiple seating areas, and a dance floor. The room is uplit with blue and green lights that turn to red occasionally, and the backdrop of the lit-up city sprawls for miles beyond the large windows. Rey had been to hundreds of Chicago company parties, but this was on a whole different level of fancy.

"Let's go get a drink," Finn says in her ear and she nods in agreement. He places his hand on her back leading her towards the bar, and then she sees Ben, causing her to freeze. He stands with a group of people, a glass of whiskey in his hand, wearing a perfectly tailored suit and tie, and she feels her legs nearly give out as he turns to look at her.