Part 2, Chapter 17- Duelling Club

Start from the beginning

"That was fantastic professor!" Lee calls out. Walter laughs far too loud at Lees comment.

Lockhart stands up, his hat has been knocked off his head and his hair is in disarray. "Well, there you have it!" Lockhart stays taking a few steps forward. He pats himself down and straightens his posture. "That was a disarming charm- as you can see I've lost my wand..." Lockhart looks around and s student passes it to him from the crowd. "Ah, thank you, Miss Brown. Yes, an excellent idea to show them that professor Snape, but if you don't mind my saying so, it was very obvious what you were about to do. If I had wanted to stop you it would have been only too easy. However, I felt it would be instructive to let them see..."

"Look at Snape's face! I can't do this it's too much!" Fred howls with laughter.

"Enough demonstrating! I'm going to come amongst you and put you all in pairs. Professor Snape if you'll like to help me..." Snape and Lockhart make their way through the crowds pairing everyone off.

Snape comes over to us and scowls, "Miss LeStrange... and Mister... Weasley, Mister Clarence, and Mister Jordan, and the other Mister Weasley... and, Mister Diggory! Come over here." Snape shouts.

Cedric excuses himself from his group and makes his way over to us. "Great, pretty boy Diggory. Just what I needed." Fred groans.

Snape looks at him, "You will be working with Miss LeStrange. The other one will be working with Mister Diggory." Snape moves onto the next group of people he needs to pair off.

George kisses my temple and walks off with Cedric. "I'll go easy on you Violet. Lord knows George would kick my ass into next Tuesday if I hurt you." Fred says to me. Walter and Lee walk off into their own little area.

"Gee thanks, Freddie. Really appreciate it." I say sarcastically.

Lockhart steps back up onto the table and clears his throat to silence the room. "Face your partners! And bow!"

I turn and look at Fred and bow as low as I possibly can and as flamboyant as I can muster and Fred does the same thing to me, laughing the entire time.

"Wands at the ready! When I count to three, cast your charms to disarm your opponent, only to disarm them! We don't want any accidents!" Lockhart shouts cheerily.

"Sorry in advance Vi, no hard feelings," Fred says smirking at me.

"Oh course not, I hope you don't hit your head when you fall," I say back to him

"One, two, three!"

I whip my wand above my head and shout "Expelliarmus!" bright red light shoots from my wand and hits Fred square in the chest. He flies backwards and lands on his butt halfway across the room. The kids around us cheer, George goes over to help his brother off the ground laughing the entire time.

"I said disarm only!" Lockhart shrieks. We all turn around and look at who he's yelling at. Of course its Draco and Harry Potter. Who else would it have been. Looking around the room, all the first and second years are a total mess. There's a hazy green fog everywhere, singed faces, and Hermione looks to be in a fistfight with Draco's friend Millicent Bulstrode.

"Stop! Stop! All of you STOP!" Lockhart screams.

Snape stands on the stage and points his wand at Draco and Harry. "Finite Incantanem!" He roars, the whole room quiets down looking at a very unhappy Snape.

"I think I'd better teach you how to block unfriendly spells," Lockhart says, looking flustered in the middle of the mess he's created. He turns and looks at Snape, a bad idea in my opinion because Snape looks like he's ready to kill.