Reunited-Chapter 4

Start from the beginning

But DAMN my baby look good. Did I say that already? My bad.

She takes a moment to look at me then wraps her arms around me. And I ain't gonna front, I felt like I was home.

"Yo Dre you know I gotta breathe at some point right ?" I say smirking as if I don't enjoy being in her arms.

"Haha you got jokes. I just can't believe you are here".  At this point, she's just staring at me, almost like she's tryna figure what has become more manly about me since my adolescent years.

And I can't wait to show her it ain't just my facial hair.

Hakeem begins to clear his throat "AHEM!! Well since ya'll sinners bout to catch up I'm bout to get some food" he throws a duces sign and walks away.

We both shake our heads in his direction as he leaves. Even though there was a room full of people I felt like it was just us.

"....So..." I say. I then gesture at the Lil gift bag I have in my hand, and bring it towards her." I gotchu a lil something you know, to keep you fly"

" I gotchu a lil something you know, to keep you fly"

"You always knew how to give me gifts. *clears throat* What are you doing here ?" She snaps back

Puzzles I respond "I thought you were happy to see me ?"

"You're right I was happy, now I've seen you, you can disappear for another 7 years. Abracadabra! Alakazam! Be gone !"

Damn. Okay Sabrina the teenage witch

"Come on Dre, I know you are not still mad about some shit, that happened 7 years ago. I came here to celebrate your birthday with you "

She chuckles " You really haven't changed, have you. Look I'm not about to do this with you on my birthday"

"Do what? All I wanna do is get over that shit that happened Ite. It ain't important"

At that moment I knew I fucked up. It wasn't what I meant, but when I'm around D I seemed to say the wrong thing. I ain't mean what I just said, I promise I just wanted to move past it because I don't want to revisit the past and admit certain things or feelings.

"Wow. Well, I'm glad that you've finally solidified the assumptions that have been on my mind for the last  7 years. It wasn't important. So therefore I wasn't important"

"D it ain't.." *holds her hands up

She clears her throat and wipes her eyes as she is now teary-eyed and says. "Thank you for the gift. You and Keem should stay, I'm sure my dad would love to see you. He always loved you"