♦️ Chapter 52 || Stronger ♦️

Start from the beginning

We enter the foyer area and stop when Jake and Dan lays their eyes on us.

Jill squeals in the corner. Jill has become the mother I never had. I sigh as I remembered the box I had found some letter my mom wrote to herself.

My mom had been moving out of the house and a few days later when I was cleaning the house I had found a box containing a bunch of papers. I was rummaging through them when I found a few letters my mom had written to herself... I guess she didn't want to keep a full diary so she wrote scatter letters to herself here and there. 

Most of the letters were about me. She wrote how she got so jealous of how my Dad loved me and started to not pay attention to her as much, she claims that I ruined her life so she tried to ruin mine.

I shake my head as my past is far behind me. I don't need her. All I need is right her. 

Jake and Dan both walk towards us with smiles. 

"You look beautiful," Jake smiles as he looks at my dress, "I love this color on you."

I smile, "Thank you."

"I love this little partner in crime look going on," Dan smiles pointing out our sort of matching dresses.

"Which one of us is prettier?" Alice askes.

Jill starts laughing her head off.

"Well- you o-" Dan starts to say but Alice cuts him off.

"Carefull what you say here. You hurt Nicole or my feelings you might have to go to prom alone.

"You both look beautiful," Jake says warmly, "The dresses are filtering and make you both shine."

"A diplomatic answer. Simple yet passes the test," Alice nods, "Learn Dan."

Dan groans, "Had you not cut me off I would have said that!"

Alice laughs and pats his cheek.

After a moment we all make our way to the back yard where Jill and my dad proceed to take about a thousand more photos.

"I got you a little something," Jake whispers in my ear when my dad and Jill stop to talk.

I look up at him with a smile, "You didn't have to get me anything."

He smiles, "Turn around."

I do as he says and turn around.

Moments later Jake lifts up my hair and plants a kiss on my neck. The warmth of his lips on my skin make me blush immensely. Seconds later Jake places a necklace around my neck. Once he clips it on, I look down at the necklace while a ear to ear smile.

It was a small yet beautiful jeweled crown that sparkled in the sun.

"A crown for the Princess," He says cheekily before he gives me a kiss.

"Thank you Jake. I love it!" I smile, "But now I feel bad I didn't get you anything."

"I already have everything I could ever want right here," Jake shrugs as he wraps his arms around my waist and pulls me close to him.

There it goes... my heart.

"Yo there are other people here you know?!" Dan shouts at Jake.

Alice coughs, "Did you get me anything?"

He shakes his head, "No... Well I got you a corsage."

Alice laughs, "Don't interrupt them."

"But PDA" He whines.