♦️ Chapter 13 || Don't Swear ♦️

Chapter 13 || Don't Swear
🔹🔹🔹🔹
* * Nicole's POV * *

  That night was one of the hardest nights of my life. I was alone and there was no Teddy.

I sat on the edge of my bed, waiting for a specific phone call that never came.

Please call, I miss you dad.

Long and lonely minutes pass but my phone stayed dark. I brought my knees to my chest and wrapped my arms around them. A small tear fell from my eye and rolled down my cheek.

I want to go home. I want my life back to normal. A life where nothing revolves around me. A life where I am invisible. A life where I have teddy and people care. A life where I'm in my own room. And a life with no Jake.

My heart nearly jumped out of my chest when I felt a hand press on my shoulder.

I blinked my teary eyes till I could see. Once my vision cleared Jake was by my side. His thumb drew circles on my shoulder and he stayed quiet.

I lowered my head and rested my forehead on my knees so I could not see him and he couldn't see me.

Why was Jake doing this? Why does he insist on playing games with me? One second he is caring, sweet and polite. A second later he is the Jake that I've been afraid of long ago - mean, arrogant, and down right a horrible person.

Jake continued to rub my shoulder in silence and I stayed locked in my position.

The only noise that filled the air were my sobs.

Stop crying Nicole!!

The voice inside me told me to shut up and hide my feelings from him but my body was not listening to it.

Minutes later I heard a familiar noise that lit up my room.

I cautiously lifted my head to find my phone lit up.

That's it!!

That's my parents ring tone!!

I pushed Jake's hand off my shoulder and threw myself at my phone - very clumsily I might add, I even fell onto the floor.

I heard Jake snort a laugh but I ignored him.

"Hello!" I practically shouted into my phone.

"Nicole! How are you! I've missed you sooo much!" My dads voice filled my ear.

A large smiled formed on my face, "I'm fine. You have no idea how much I miss you right now dad."

I could tell my dad was starting to tear up through his voice, "I wish we didn't come here. I wish we stayed home with you. I miss you."

"But dad you needed to go away for business, I don't want to get you two fired. As much as I didn't want you to go, you had to." I replied and that's when I noticed that Jake was on my bed. He wasn't sitting like he was before but he was lying on his side with his head propped up with his hand - by doing this his arm muscles flexed causing me to stop for a moment - and of course he had his stupid grin plastered on his face.