♦️ Chapter 17 || You're such a child ♦️

Chapter 17 || You're such a child
🔹🔹🔹🔹
* * Nicole's POV * *

  It's almost been a full week and Jake and I's contact was almost non-existent. In school we never spoke, emphasis on the never. We would see each other in the halls but he would only glare at me.

In English class - that was the worst part of my day - Ashley would verbally attack me. She would say nasty remarks that I wish not to repeat. The worst part was that she had perfect timing. There would never be a teacher in the room and there would be no Jake. When either of them entered the class she casually slipped to a different topic with someone else. It was crazy how she could do that. Lately she and her stuck up popular friends started getting a little physical. She would push me into the locker, her friends would hit me. It was not pleasant. I'd come home to the Vance's house and Jill would also run to me asking about my bruises and every time I would say that it was my own clumsy doing but Jake would just stare at me with his dark eyes while his mom tried to aid me.

It's scary when Jake is quiet. You know he is angry but you don't know when he will just break out and attack you. I must admit I was somewhat pleased that Jake was keeping his distance but some part of me wanted him to just say a small little hi. Maybe if he did Ashley and her friends would stop.

I walked into English and with no doubt the devil and her minions were surrounding my table, waiting for me. I threw my head down to stare at the floor while I walked to my seat but one of Ashley's friends grabbed my shoulder and pushed me into my seat. Surprisingly that was it. They all left to their seats. I let out a breath I didn't even realize I was holding.

Moments later Ashley was clearing her throat to get everyone's attention. Of course the entire class turned to look at her except me. I kept my eyes glued to my hands that were nervously shaking.

She clapped her hands before saying "Thank you for you attention" under her breath she muttered "I'm sure you were all dying to look at me anyway"

She continued "We never got a chance to praise a true hero that got recognized on the front of the newspaper a while ago. He who has saved someone's life. He risked his life to save someone else's...... Ahh my friends you must be wondering who this magnificent person is but let your wondering end here for that hero is none other than our beloved Jake Vance!"

Was she talking about....

"And you might be wondering who's life he saved."

The class nodded.

"Well it's funny how he chose to save this persons life. She had no reason to be saved. Personally I don't even know why he risked his life for this low life of a person. But our noble Jake, not caring who he is helping, risks his life for Nicole."

My eyes widened... She knew!

"AHHH yes Nicole. We all wonder why on earth our amazing Jake would help... her. That question will never be answered. But we do know that had Jake not been there she would not be here today... And personally I wish he didn't help her. Nicole would be better off in the back of some van of some kidnapper. But my question is why would someone in the right mind want to take Nicole. I mean look at her! She is pure trash - an ugly mess!! At least if you try to kidnap someone, kidnap a gorgeous person. But no this man went after her! This man - holding a knife and gun I might add - tried to get her. This man didn't get to far because Jake swooped in just In time. Had he not been there she would have been in the back of some van, getting stripped from her clothes and well yah know..."

She paused for effect and I pulled my hood over my head, hiding me from the class.

"She never would have saw the light of day again! We never would have had to cross paths with her again! But no Jake being the hero he is had to save her! I don't know about you but if I was Jake I would have left her."