♦️ Chapter 38 || No Peeking ♦️

Chapter 38 || No Peeking
🔹🔹🔹🔹
* * Nicole's POV * *

"I did all the laundry can I go play now?" I ask with an ear to ear smile hoping for a yes.

My mom turned to face me with a straight face, "You didn't finish your chores."

"Yes, I did. I did the laundry, cleaned my room and my bathroom, I also tidied up the living room," I nod my head my smile still plastered to my face - for sure she will say yes.

She pursed her lips and eyed me, "You didn't do the dishes," she says sternly as she points over her shoulder to the dishwasher full of dishes.

I quickly run over to the dishes and put each dish in their place in the cabinet, my two pigtails hit my face each time I turn around back to the dishwasher for more dishes.

The second I grab the very last cup and I shut the dishwasher and turn to my mom, "Done. May I go play now? Maybe Bridget can come over? I-"

She huffs, "Why don't you just go play in your room with your little teddy bear and other dolls, and I'm sure she is too busy to play with you today. You two got a lot of homework to do and if you want to make it into the sixth grade you might as well do it."

I look at the ground with a frown, I was sure she would let her come over this time - I guess I'll just do more homework.

I sluggishly trug over to stairs leading upstairs to my room but before I can reach the first step my mom adds, "And besides who would want to play with you."

My eyes jerk open, my heart was racing and my body was sweating.

"Thank god. it was just a dream," I say softly.

But it felt so real.

I notice I had been clinging to Jake's shirt so hard that my knuckles were starting to turn white.

How he was sleeping through it? I have no idea?

I let go of his shirt, nuzzle back into his arm and rest my head on his shirt.

"Mmmhhh" Jake moans as he shifts to face me.

I smile as he wakes up from our little nap.

He smiles down at me, wraps his arms around and pulls me closer to him. His warm minty breath fans my forehead as he sleepily says, "How'd ya sleep?"

"Okay," I reply just as sleepily.

"Feel any better?" He asks with a smile.

I smile back, shut my eyes and rest my arm across his chest, "Much better."

We lie there silently, I could feel Jake's heart beating as his chest moved up and down with each breath.

"Nicole I-" Jake starts to say but is cut off by Jill voice shouting through the hallway.

"Time to get up or you won't sleep tonight!"

Jake rubs his hand over his face, "Five more minutes. I don't want to get up!"

"No! Foods ready!" She shouts.

Jake groans as he puts his arm on me again, "I don't want to move."

I smile at him.

"It's gonna get cold and I'm not heating anything up!"

"We should probably get up," I say as I motion to get up but Jake wraps his hands around my waist and pulls back down.