Viktor was speechless for a moment. He hadn't realized that others actually saw that side of him. Most people would only see him as the world-famous Quidditch player. "Thanks, Celine. That actually means a lot to me." 

"I know you're just waiting for someone to notice." Celine smiled, giving him a light pat on the shoulder "It might seem impossible to find a love that'll fit you with the amount of time we have, but I have this feeling that you will. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to meet my friend Astoria." 

"Go ahead, Cel." Viktor smiled 

Celine found Astoria at the foot of the owlery, looking rather glum "You alright?" Celine asked worriedly

"People seem to be asking me that a lot today." Astoria sighed, but smiled at her friend nonetheless "I've just sent an owl to my parents informing them of my choice to get sorted. They're not going to be happy."

Celine frowned, she knew how pureblood parents were. They insisted on arranging your marriage for you if your choice wasn't suitable enough for them. The Greengrass' are part of the Sacred Twenty-Eight. Absolutely no taint of muggle blood, and Celine knew that they'd rather keep it that way. 

"Here's to hoping you'll be paired with another pure-blood, then." Celine smiled comfortingly and gave her a tight squeeze 

"What about you?" Astoria asked "Any luck with the man waiting for you upstairs?"

"Who?" 

"Theodore Nott asked to come with me when he found out I was meeting you here." Astoria smiled "He's up there waiting for you." 

"Waiting for me?" Cline squeaked 

"Yes, Cel." Astoria laughed and gave her friend a light shove "Go on. We can talk later." with one last wave, she turned to leave for the Slytherin dungeons, leaving Celine in shock. What was Theo doing waiting for her at the top of this tower? Celine drew in a breath, she knew there was a reason why she wasn't sorted into Gryffindor.

She wasn't ready to hear his rejection.

"Celine." Theo greeted upon seeing her at the entryway. He was petting his snowy owl, slowly giving him treats after every few strokes "Astoria told me you'd be coming here."

"You could've waited for me in our common room." Celine said pointedly

"I wanted to speak to you alone." Theo sighed "I want to...make a proposition." 

A proposition? Celine thought "You've piqued my interest. Continue."

"I know how you feel about me, Cel." Theo said "You've made your interest very clear."

"You're not wrong." she almost choked on her own spit, she knew what she wanted but she didn't know that it was that obvious to everybody else "What about it? I know you're still hung up on Hermione." 

"That ship has already sailed. Gone." Theo waved off, though he seemed to wince at the mention of her "I want to talk about us, Cel. That night we watched the meteors."

"Ah, our kiss." Celine raised a brow as she settled for a comfortable position against the small window, hopefully no owl was on its way, otherwise there'd be feathers in her hair "You seemed quite intent on not bringing that up. Why now?"

Theo groaned, this was getting frustrating "I don't know how to do this without sounding like..."

"Like you're using me? Looking for a reason to do this with me? Sounding like you're being forced to do this with me?" Celine tried to finish for him with a light laugh "Teddy, I understand you. This stupid law is a pureblood family's dream come true. A marriage for convenience? Opportunity? Power? We've all be through that introduction."