It all begins

How did this happen? Well like ever good story let's start at the beginning.

Rachel's POV:
I woke up to the sound of my alarm clock. I rolled over and shut it off. 5:30 time to get to the hell people refer to as school. I got out of bed and got dressed as quiet as possible as to not wake up my father the less I have to see him the better. It is just me and my dad now my mother died in a car crash when I was 7. And my dad has been abusive ever since she died. He has put me in the hospital a few times but I have been able to come up with excuses every time people ask questions. My dad worked for the police department before he lost his job he has been a drunk for a long time but he still knows people on the force who would be more then willing to destroy any chance of me talking about the abuse. I get out the door by 6 just like every other morning and get in my car and go to school. I get to my locker and I look down the hall to see the most popular girl in school Alex. She was looking right at me. She had jet black hair that was cut into a pixie and the most piercing blue eyes. She had a reputation of thinking she is above the rules. She once drove her car through the football field because one of the players pissed her off. But you know how the rule breakers are always popular. She became really popular when she kissed her girlfriend at the time in the middle of the lunchroom. I went back to putting my books away and began to walk to class. I sat in my desk in the back corner of the classroom. Alex walked in and sat down next to me not even glancing in my direction. When the bell rang the teacher began to explain what was going to happen in class today. the teacher said that we were going to do a partners project oh fantastic I hate working with other people. The teacher began to pair people off "Alex Carson and Rachel Matthews" the words came out of my mouth before I could stop myself "NO"

Alex's POV:

I sit straight up in bed shit I am late. I jump out of bed and throw on some clothes. My mother had to take my car today because hers is in the shop for repairs. So I am getting a ride from a friend. Which I am about to miss I run out the door completely forgetting my breakfast and getting into the car. My friend Brynn turned to face me "what happened to you? You look like you ran a marathon." I give her a sarcastic smile. "and yet I somehow managed to look better then you." Brynn and I start laughing. When we finally pulled ourselves together we started driving to school. When I get to school I start talking to some of my friends. When I noticed a tall girl with fire red hair and gray eyes staring at me. When she noticed me looking her face went a shade of red I am pretty sure hasn't been invented yet. Which really made her freckles stand out. She walked away and went into class I followed not long after. When I walked in I saw her sitting in the back corner of the classroom. She was looking down trying to draw as little attention to herself as possible. I walked over to her and sat down in the desk next to her. She didn't look up but she didn't seem to be bothered by me sitting there so I didn't move. The teacher walked in who was as old as dirt and was probably teaching when my grandparents were in high school. He droned on about a partners project we were going to do. I got good grades in school but I hate sitting through lectures. The teacher finally started partnering people together. The girl next to me who I didn't even know was in this class looked pretty pissed off. I heard some of my friends talking about this freak girl who has no friends. So I am guessing that is her according to them her name was Rachel. She seemed pretty normal to me other then the fact I have never heard her speak to another human. I only snapped out of my thoughts when the teacher called my name. "Alex Carson and Rachel Matthews." Now Rachel seriously looked like she was going to kill someone guess she doesn't like me. Suddenly she got up and screamed. "NO!" And you can guess how that went over. The teacher gave her a detention on the spot for speaking out in class. I couldn't help but smile. She really didn't want to be partners with me.