Chapter 11: No Brakes

Omni watches with gritted teeth as Roman Torchwick taunts Ruby, pushing her around. 

Torchwick: Wow, you are much more manageable without that oversized gardening tool and that pet wolf of yours.

Ruby charges Torchwick, only for him to sidestep. Ruby's momentum sends her to the ground.

Torchwick(laughing): Ya know, Perry, I really did need this.

Perry, the White Fang member with glasses, gives a thumbs up.

Torchwick(holding the end of his cane under Ruby's chin): But seriously, how'd ya find this place, red?

Ruby uses her semblance to get away from Torchwick and starts running away. Torchwick flips his can to hold it my the gun part. The handle of the cane shoots out like a grappling hook towards Ruby.

Omni's eyes widen and change white-blue. He uses Blink to get between Ruby and the cane handle, and uses his vambraces to deflect it.

Torchwick: What!?

Omni(glaring at Torchwick): You won't touch her!(glancing at Ruby) Are you okay, my Rose?

Ruby(smiles): I'm fine. Thanks for the rescue.

Omni(smiles): Anytime. Now, get ready.

There's a flash signaling a transmat, and Ruby's beloved weapon appears in her hands. Omni pulls out Deadeye and aims the hand cannon at Roman and the White Fang members.

Omni: So, any last words?

Torchwick: Not today, mutt! Get them!

Torchwick and the White Fang members open fire on Ruby and Omni, who slams his fist into the ground and a Ward of Dawn surrounds the couple. Omni throws a small Nova Bomb at a crate, which causes the Dust inside to explode. Torchwick, seeing that this is a fight he might not walk away from, starts retreating.

Torchwick(over a P.A. system): Everyone on the train! We're leaving!

Omni collapses the Ward of Dawn after the White Fang start boarding the train. The rest of team RWBY and Oobleck run up to Ruby and Omni. A train horn goes off, catching the groups attention. The train starts moving.

Omni: Come on! We have a train to catch!

Timeskip(brought to you by Omni racing down a road on a sparrow)

A White Fang grunt is in the back of the train. He hears a thud and speaks into his radio.

White Fang Grunt: I think they're on the-

The White Fang member is cut off by knife, particularly Assassin's Blades, thrown at his head and knocking the grunt out. Omni walks over, picks up, and sheathes Assassin's Blades.

Omni(grins): And that's why they're called Assassin's Blades.

Behind Omni is four other White Fang grunts that fell victim to Omni's knives. Omni climbs up onto the train car's roof where team RWBY and Oobleck are.

Omni: They probably know we're here...(mutters) no thank to you guys and your lack of stealth skills.

Ruby, who heard Omni's comment, bonks Omni on the head. Weiss notices a strange device.

Weiss: Professor-

Oobleck: Doctor.

Weiss(points to the devise): What's that?

Oobleck: That my dear... appears to be a bomb.

Everyone flinches back. Ruby sees something on top of the train ahead of them.