Chapter 9: Search and Destroy

Team RWBY plus Omni stare, with varying levels of confusion and shock, at the huntsman they will be accompanying: Doctor Oobleck.

Weiss: Professor Oobleck?

Oobleck starts talking in his normal, fast-paced speech.

Oobleck(pacing in front of the group): Yes I'm afraid those bags won't be necessary girls, and Omni. Seeing as you've opted to shadow a huntsman on what is now essentially a reconnaissance mission. I can assure you we will no be establishing a single base of operations. Rather we will be traversing several miles of hazardous wasteland, and making camp in any defendable locations we may stumble upon. I've packed all our essentials myself provided the air course and readied the airship. And!(suddenly appears in Weiss' face) It's Doctor Oobleck. I didn't earn a PhD for fun thank you very much.

Oobleck then zips back to where he was, standing in front of the group.

Weiss: Uh...

Oobleck: Come now children, according to my schedule we are already three minutes behind... schedule.

Oobleck than runs over to the distant bullhead with speeds that would be hard for even Ruby to match.

Ruby(upbeat but gets depressed half-way through): Well alright then. Looks like we're going to save the world with Doctor Oo-bleck okay yeah when you say it out loud it sounds worse.

Omni hugs Ruby with one arm, while facepalming with his free hand. The rest of the team looks down, any enthusiasm is gone.

Nora(behind the group): Save the world!?

The group turns around to see team JNPR. Omni smiles when he sees Jaune and Pyrrha holding hands.

Nora: You're going on world-saving missions without us!? I'm hurt and sad! Maybe a little hungry? That last one's not my fault, though, Ren!

Ren crosses his arms and looks away.

Jaune: Sounds exciting, where are ya going?

Ruby: Oh just outside the kingdom.

Nora: Hey! So are we.

Pyrrha: Ren and Nora wanted to shadow the sheriff of a nearby village.

Ren: We set out tomorrow.

Neptune and Sun walk up to the group.

Neptune: Then you can party with us tonight. We're shadowing a crime specialist. All inner-city detective stuff. We get junior badges.

Jaune seems amazed by this.

Sun: We normally go to the city with you guys, which means stuff's always exploding and junk. So we thought this might be a better way to check out the kingdom when it's, y'know, normal.

Omni: I completely understand. It's like we can't go anywhere without something happening.

Ruby: Well-

Oobleck(popping out of the Bullhead): Four minutes ladies, and Omni!

The doctor dashes back into the Bullhead. Team RWBY plus Omni all cringe. The rest of the group give them sympathetic looks.

Ruby: Well, uh, wish us luck.

Omni: Is it too late to back out?

Pyrrha/Ruby: Omni...

Omni: Okay! Okay! It was a joke!

The wolf faunus winces under the glares of his sister and girlfriend. Team RWBY plus Omni head to their Bullhead while team JNPR and Sun and Neptune go their own ways.