Chapter 5: Extracurricular

Omni and Pyrrha are preparing for combat. Pyrrha dons her armor and weapons. Omni meticulously checks over each of his weapons, checking for any faults. Once finished, the Nikos siblings walk out into the arena to face team CRDL.

A four to two match, not anything new to Pyrrha and Omni. They already had a strategy: two enemies each, don't get in the other's way.

Goodwitch begins the match and Omni immediately opens fire on Cardin Winchester and Russel Thrush, firing six shots with speed and accuracy that would make any Hunter proud. Cardin tanks the four bullets fired at him, while Russel deflects the two shots directed at him with his daggers.

Omni quickly holsters Deadeye and draws Voltedge, just in time to deflect Russel's daggers. The two engage in a fast paced clash of blades. Cardin comes at Omni's side and brings his mace down on the wolf faunus, who leaps backwards.

Omni swiftly sheathes Voltedge and takes out Frostbite. Omni uses the extended reach of the chain blades to hit Cardin and Russel from a distance, often using Frostbite as an improvised grappling hook to pull himself out of his opponents reach.

Cardin eventually gets close enough to swing at Omni. Omni jumps high, extends Frostbite's chains while spinning, and slams the extended blades into the ground near his opponents. Cardin was caught in the ice Dust shock wave that followed, dealing a heavy blow to his aura and trapping Cardin's legs below the knees in ice. Russel manage to not get frozen, but his aura took a hit and he's disorientated from the ice shock wave.

Omni switches to Phoenix Rage and extends the weapon into axe form. The Young Wolf's eyes glow red-orange and Phoenix's axe blades ignite with burning Sol Light. Omni brings the fire axe up like a golf club and slams it into Cardin, sending the leader of team CRDL flying.

Omni(putting his left hand around the left side of his mouth like a megaphone): Four!

Russel: What?

Cardin slams into a surprised Russel, sending both of them into the ground and their auras into the red. Omni looks to his right to see his sister take out the remaining members of team CRDL. The lights overhead change to light up the entire room and Professor Goodwitch steps into the arena.

Goodwitch: And that's the match.

Cardin(getting to his hands and knees, looking up, and groaning): Lucky shot.

Cardin collapses again.

Goodwitch(observing the downed team CRDL): Well done Miss and Mr Nikos.(turns her attention to the Nikos siblings) You should have no problem qualifying for the tournament.

Pyrrha/Omni: Thank you professor.

Goodwitch(to class): Alright, now I know that's a tough act to follow but we have time for one more sparring match. Any volunteers.

Goodwitch looks at Blake, who is reading a book.

Goodwitch: Miss Belladonna?

Blake snaps her book shut and looks up, alarmed. The cat faunus looks very sleep deprived.

Goodwitch: You've been rather docile for the past few classes. Why don't you-

Grey Hair(raising his hand): I'll do it.

Goodwitch: Mercury is it? Very well. Let's find you an opponent.

Mercury: Actually, I wanna fight... her.

Mercury points at Pyrrha.

Pyrrha: Me?

Omni: Her?