Chapter 3: A Minor Hiccup

Teams JNPR and RWBY plus Omni are sitting in Professor Port's class as Port tells another one of his elaborate stories. Weiss watches a holographic clock, waiting for class to end. Jaune moves in and sits next to Weiss. Omni and Ruby watch.

Jaune: So Weiss, you know uh, I was thinking that after this, maybe we could go grab a bite to eat?

Silence.

Jaune: And uh, you know well I-I've got two tickets to that new Spruce Willis movie if you want to make the trip to Vale. I hear it's awesome.

Silence.

Jaune: And... then maybe after that we could, study together? I mean, you're smart and I'm a, you know...

Weiss' clock shows 4:00 and an alarm sounds.

Port: And then I- oh, uh, timed that one wrong I guess. Well the stunning conclusion to the story will have to wait. Until next time.

Students gather their things and start leaving the classroom.

Jaune: Weiss? Did you hear me?

Weiss picks up her things.

Weiss: No, no, no, yes.

Weiss walks away. Jaune sighs and plants his forehead on the table. RWBY walks past him. Yang pats Jaune's head as she passes.

Yang: One day.

Omni walks up to Jaune.

Omni: Face it, Jaune. Weiss will never be interested in you. It's time to let her go and look for someone else.

Jaune: Yeah, you're probably right.

Jaune walks away. Omni notices Pyrrha watching her leader from afar and smirks. He walks up to his sister.

Omni: Pyrrha, when are you going to ask him out?

Pyrrha: W-what do you mean!? Ask who!?

Omni: Jaune. It's obvious you like him, and he's too dense to notice your hints.

Pyrrha: Yeah, you're right. But he likes Weiss.

Omni: Not anymore. I've been pounding it into his head that Weiss doesn't like him, which is true.

Pyrrha: Omni! Are you trying to influence my love life!?

Omni: Before I answer, I just want to remind you that I'm your brother and you will be thanking me when you and Jaune get together.

Pyrrha: You are trying to influence my love life!

Omni: And that's my cue to leave.

Omni Blinks out of the classroom and starts sprinting down the hall.

Pyrrha(in the distance): OMNI!

Omni sprints past team RWBY, skids to a stop, and jumps behind his girlfriend.

Omni: Hide me Ruby!

Ruby(giggles): What did you do, Omni?

Omni(embarrassed): I may have told my sister about me convincing Jaune to stop pursuing Weiss so that Pyrrha can have the confidence to ask Jaune out.

Yang(laughing): Dang, Omni! I didn't think you had it in you!

Omni: Yeah well, we've all seen how Pyr looks at Jaune and I got tired of seeing my sister like that.