Chapter 10: Mountain Glenn

Omni and Ruby are on lookout while the rest of the team sleeps. Ruby, who was scoping out a Beowolf with her sniper, lowers her weapon and sighs.

Omni: Something wrong?

Ruby: Nope. I'm fine.

Omni: Ruby, come on. You can talk to me.

Ruby: Fine. It's just that we've been here for an entire day and all we've seen are Grimm, Grimm, and more Grimm.

Omni: No one said we were going to find anything on the first day. If you think about it, so far we have been incredibly lucky. But, like I said when we first got here, luck means nothing-

Ruby(cutting Omni off): And it all comes down to skill, instinct, and knowledge.

Omni: Right. So just be patient, for a wise man once said:(badly imitates Archive's voice) "good things comes to those who wait".

Ruby giggles. After that the couple spend a few minutes in silence, watching for any Grimm while occasionally petting a sleeping Zwei. 

Ruby: Hey, Omni?

Omni: Yeah?

Ruby: What did you tell Oobleck? You know, when he asked why you wanted to become a huntsman.

Omni: I told him about how my birth parents were killed and that I didn't want anyone to ever go through that. But, I didn't tell him everything.

Ruby: What do you mean?

Omni: Well, I always wanted to be a huntsman... even before my birth parents died. I wanted to hunt the Grimm just like they did. Then, I became a Guardian and it became my job to protect people who cannot protect themselves. And then I met you, Ruby. You gave me another reason to fight.

Ruby: And what's that?

Omni(smiles): To protect the girl I love.

The couple share a kiss.

Ruby: I really appreciate what you said, Omni(Omni smiles brightly). But it was a little cheesy.

Omni's smile immediately vanishes and he becomes dramatically depressed.

Omni: Yeah... I know.

Ruby: Oh, don't be like that.

Ruby kisses Omni on the cheek and his facade of depression vanishes and he smiles, the wolf faunus' tail wags a bit. Ruby giggles at his antics, but is interrupted by a yawn.

Omni: Tired?

Ruby: No. Maybe.(yawns) Yes.

Omni wraps an arm around Ruby and pulls her close. Ruby lays her head on her boyfriend's shoulder.

Omni: Rest, my rose. Archive and I will keep watch.

Ruby(yawns): Okay. Goodnight, my wolf. 

Ruby falls asleep. Omni keeps a vigilant watch over Ruby.

Timeskip(brought to you by Ruby petting Omni, making his tail wag)

Yang walks over to Omni and a sleeping Ruby, who ended up holding onto him in her sleep.

Yang: Omni.

Omni: Hm?

Yang: It's my turn for watch.

Omni: Got it. Just give me a minute.