Chapter 8: Field Trip

Omni and Ruby are in an elevator on their way up to Ozpin's office.

Ruby: Omni, do you think we're in trouble?

Omni smiles and wraps an arm around Ruby, pulling her close.

Omni: We'll be fine, my rose.

Ruby: Promise?

Omni: Promise.

Omni kisses Ruby. When he pulls away, Ruby rests her head on his shoulder. They spend the rest of the way up in a comfortable silence.

When the door opens, the couple separates. They walk into Ozpin's office. Ozpin stands behind his desk Goodwitch and Ironwood stand on either side.

Ozpin: Thank you for coming you two, how are you feeling?

Ruby: Okay, I guess.

Omni: I'm doing well.

Ironwood walks up to the couple and puts a hand on Ruby's shoulder. Omni glares at him.

Ironwood: Ruby, Omni, I feel it's appropriate to let you know that I think what you two did last night is exactly what being a huntress is all about. You recognized a threat, you took action, and you did the very best you could.

Ruby: Thank you sir.

Omni stays silent.

Ozpin: Now, the general here has already informed us of the events that... transpired last night. But now that you've rested we were wondering if you had anything to add. And, we would like some information about Omni's... friend.

Omni: That's not for me to decide. Arc?

Archive appears over Omni's shoulder, startling the adults in the room.

Archive: I think Ozpin, of all people, would have the right to know.

Ozpin: That would be appreciated Mr...

Archive: Archive. And thank you,(glares at Ironwood) there are not many people that don't call me an it when they meet me!

Ironwood has the decency to look slightly ashamed.

Archive: Anyway, I am a highly advanced, sentient AI. I also taught Omni how to use his semblance.(glares at Ironwood) And no, you cannot experiment on me.

Archive disappears, leaving the three adults to take in what just happened.

Ozpin: Moving on, is there anything you two would like to add about what happened last night?

Goodwitch: Was anyone else with her? Did she look familiar to you at all?

Omni: Unfortunately, she never said anything to either of us. Though we know she fought with glass. It is unknown if that is her semblance.

Ruby: I, personally, don't think it was. Her clothing lit up whenever she attacked.

Goodwitch: Save for the glass, that sounds like the woman I fought the night we met Ruby and Omni.

Ironwood: Embedding Dust into clothing is an age-old technique. It could have been anyone.

Archive: Not necessarily. Due to the fact that only students, staff, or Atlas personnel could have been the culprit, there's a much smaller amount of suspects. Add in other factors like black hair, amber eyes, and use of glass. Then you have only a few suspects.

Ozpin: Thank you, Archive. We will take that into consideration.

Ironwood: How did you come up with that?