“She must have an explanation, why didn’t you just ask her?” he says sitting down next to me.

“I was afraid she’d just say it’s non of my business, I’m not her husband after all,” I say. “I was afraid I’d scare her away.”

“Leen is a lot better than that, and you know that better than anyone,” he says. “Maybe he was just a random person asking her about something, or maybe he was a kid’s parent.”

“And why would she laugh to a random guy or a kid’s parent?”

“That’s called just being nice you idiot,” he says rolling his eyes.

“It’s not an excuse.”

“You’re too jealous you could die!” he laughs. I glare at him and when I find that smile on his face something makes me laugh along, despite the nagging urge to go smash that guy’s face, and screaming at Leen till my heart’s content for making me that jealous and not even realizing it. How could someone be so innocent and naïve? It’s bothersome.

“I’m sorry, bro,” I tell Ahmed after a while of staying silent.

He looks at me with disgust, “You sounded better kicking me out of here.” I laugh.

We talk for some more time and get down at night.

“Ohh! You got him out of his room,” Mariam cheers.

“Come have dinner with us, son,” mom tells me as Ahmed already takes a seat next to her.

After dinner, Ahmed leaves and I spend some more time in my room all by myself. I’m having quarrels with my own brain, deciding between texting Leen and apologizing or just letting the whole thing slide; as if it never even happened. I force myself, however, to leave the phone on the bedside table and roll over, pull the covers and try to sleep.

A couple of minutes later, I jump from the bed, and take the phone back. I type and delete and re-type and delete like ten times before I finally say,

Me: I’m sorry about today, I was tired

It takes her two minutes until she replies,

Leen: It’s okay, I hope you’re better now

I smile and continue typing excitedly like a teenager who’s finally talking to his crush.

Me: Would you like us to go out sometime soon?

Leen: Sure, just let me know when can you and Mariam go

Mariam: As soon as it can be!

Me: I was worried it took you so long to interfere -.-

Mariam: *sheepish smile*

Me: Okay then, what about tomorrow? It’s Thursday

Leen: It’s fine with me

Mariam: Me toooo

Leen: Wait

Leen: What about a barbecue at my place? Abed was already planning one tomorrow and Jenin was coming, I think it’d be better if you all come too

Mariam: Will it be okay with you?

Leen: Of course! You’re welcome!

Me: I think it’s a good idea, I think we’re all bored of restaurants

Leen: Yes exactly

Me: Fine then, we’ll call you tomorrow

Leen: Okay

Me: Goodnight J

Leen: Goodnight ^_^

I go downstairs to the living room and find Mariam watching TV.

“Kdrama?” I ask as I throw my tired body on the armchair. Hey, that chair feels bizarrely comfortable today.

“That winter, the wind blows. . .” she says dramatically.

“Excuse me?”

“That’s the name,” she laughs.

“Interesting.”

“Leen loves that actor so much,” Mariam beams annoyingly.

“Leen loves so many actors so much,” I say, and she laughs.

“Jealous hubby,” she says then stops to think for a moment. “Wow! You’re about to be a husband, Adam! This is just… weird.”

“I don’t know if I’ll ever get the chance to marry before I die,” I laugh. “Hasn’t Leen talked to you about when she’d want the wedding?”

“You know what?” she remembers suddenly. “If I were in her place, I’d think it over after what you did at the school earlier.”

“I already apologized!” I say.

“But you were totally nuts there!” she waves her hand in the air. “Even I was scared and confused. Poor Leen she’ll have to go through a lot.”

“This was just a small test to our relationship, and we’ve successfully gotten over it.”

Thinking deeper into it, this was the very first test Leen and I had to go through. I was tested for if I cared enough about her, and it was proven by the rage I felt seeing her with someone else. I do want her to be my partner, and I want to protect her and keep her away from everyone. I’m no longer hesitant, or wondering if we had rushed things in the first place. Now, I’m more positive than any other time, that Leen is supposed and fated to be mine. Only mine. And I’m more than happy to be blessed with such a gift. However, Leen was also tested. She was tested for patience and it was obvious she’d wait until I feel better and get back to her. She trusts me to come back. Always. And I will always do come back to her. She was tested for forgiveness, and she was like a mother containing her child with love, even after he makes a mistake. A mother that gives her child the chance to correct himself.

I do love Leen so much; and I can’t wait to be her man.

~~~

Okay, I want an Adam :(

Here's a chapter like I've promised! To the girls who've been asking for an update <3

Dooon't forget to vote and comment, I want to know how you found this chapter..

Thank you so much for reading <3

Nouran.