20

Chapter 20 — a huge run in

"Mom do you want soy milk or almond milk? Honestly I can't remember thats why I'm calling you now." Josh said talking on the phone.

"Josh Richards?" A man asked causing him to spun around. "Huh? Mr Van Doren what are you doing here?" Josh asked ending his call. "Oh, I'm just shopping for some snacks. I'm surprising my kids." He said softly.

"It's pretty odd to have bumped into you in the grocery store Mr Van Doren. Where are your bodyguards?" Josh asked. "Oh I told them to get a day off. I will be seeing my kids in my own house anyway." He replied.

The man standing before him is Calvin Van Doren. He is kind of a big deal around his area but Josh never sees him that way. He grew up seeing the old man and he's not quite that scary to Josh.

"I haven't seen you around for a while, also the fact that Lilia stops mentioning you. Did you guys got into a fight?" The chairman asked.

Josh hesitated to answer but in his silence the chairman has found the answer. "Do you want to come to this party with me?"

"Its an engagement party, I was supposed to bring Jackson along but he is on a business trip to Brazil. He won't be back until next month." Chairman cleared his throat.

"Sure."

"Why are you here again?" Lily asked seeing Josh standing before her

"Why are you here again?" Lily asked seeing Josh standing before her. "I'm not here for you, your dad invited me to come." He said rushing inside.

"I haven't been here in ages. Does Anthony sit on my favorite chair now?" Josh asked sitting down on a bean bag. "How was I supposed to know that it was your favorite chair." She rolled her eyes before turning on the tv.

"So, you're with Anthony now huh?" Josh asked breaking the awkward silence which made it more awkward then before. "Yeah I guess." She smiled.

Josh was nervous. He always knew Lily was pretty before but seeing her now in that dress he gets nervous that his hands started to sweat. She looked like a goddess in his eyes. A goddess that was no longer his.

In fact she was never his.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" Lily raised her eyebrow. "It's just, you look so beautiful Lil." He said licking his lips earning a snort from her. "Thats new coming from you."

"I really mean it, in fact I think you look beautiful everyday but now, wow I think you look stunning. Anthony is a lucky guy."

"Thank you." She replied followed by more awkward silence after that. "I should probably call Anthony to see where he is."

"No need I'm already here." Anthony said walking up towards them. "Hey, I was wondering when you'll show up." She giggled wrapping her hands around his neck.

"Aww miss me already?" He replied back. Josh cleared his throat causing them to laugh. "Ah, you're here?" Anthony asked. "My dad asked Josh to come with him since he can't take Jackson." Lily explained.

Anthony nodded as he sat down the couch. "So he has met the old man?"

"We're close actually really close." Josh perked causing both Anthony and Lily to look at each other. "Um, okay?"

"He used to take me fishing when we were kids." Josh said crossing his arm. "No he doesn't. My dad hates fish." Lily raised her eyebrow.

"Ah you made it." Calvin Van Doren said walking down the stairs. "Dad, this is Anthony. He's my boyfriend." Lily said shyly. "Boyfriend? I thought Josh was your–" He suddenly paused and smiled.

"It's a pleasure to meet you sir." He said shaking chairmans hand. "The pleasures all mine." Chairman replied. "Why didn't you tell me you're going to drag Josh here?" Lily raised her eyebrow.

"The more the merrier."

"I am not in good terms with Josh lately, daddy. If you stick around here long enough you might know." She whispered before linking her arms around Anthony.

"It's going to be so awkward." Josh said causing the chairman to turn to him. "Nonsense. Come along. We have to party to go to." He said.

"I knew diplomats were kind of a big deal but I wasn't expecting a luxurious party like this

"I knew diplomats were kind of a big deal but I wasn't expecting a luxurious party like this." Anthony said looking around the grand hall. "Blair Bellerose is a diplomat and she's getting engaged to a soccer star Paulo Dybala."

"What do you expect?" Lily grinned.

"Lily! It's really good to see you." A handsome man approached them. Anthony wondered who in the world is he to her. Maybe an ex boyfriend?

"Brandon! I missed you!" Lily ran up to him as he hugged back lifting her up causing both Josh and Anthony to look at each other. "Do you think he's–"

"An ex boyfriend? I don't want to get any ideas but. ." Josh trailed off when he saw Brandon caressing her hair. "You look so lovely this evening. Have you met the soon to be bride?" He raised his eyebrow.

"No I haven't by the way Brandon, this is my boyfriend Anthony Reeves. And this is my best friend Josh Richards." Lily said smiling before clinging her arms around Anthonys.

"Ah, it's nice to meet you." Brandon said looking at Anthony from top to toe. "Baby Lily!" A girl went up to hug her. "Who's this?" Blair Bellerose asked.

"Blair, this is my boyfriend." She introduced him. "It's nice to meet–" Anthony was cut off.

"So you're Josh Richards! It's nice to have finally meet you. Lily has told me a lot about you." She smiled brightly. Brandon raised his eyebrow before laughing.

"No Blair, you're quite slow aren't you. This is Anthony Reeves. And thats Josh Richards." He said breaking the awkward silence. "Oh I thought– wow I'm so sorry." Blair apologized.

"It's nice to meet you Anthony, Josh." She nodded. "Anyways no funny business alright? This girl right here is our sister." Blair smiled.

"Oh and Anthony. . My brother is a lawyer and I have diplomatic immunity here so we basically can get away with anything. No hurting Lily, okay?"

Anthony nodded before he could process anything, "Yes maam." He gulped nervously.

"Good, enjoy the party."

To be continued

For those who want to know more about Blair and Brandon Bellerose you can read my other story called Flexing games!