5

Chapter 5 — Wingman

♡○

"Anthony! Jaden!" Josh caught up to them catching his breath. "Oh hey, its unlikely of you to arrive late. Did you sleep well last night? And wheres Lily you always pick her up everyday." Jaden asked.

"Thats the point! She must be so upset because I can't come to pick her up. I better go find her inside now." Josh said walking pass them. "Um Josh, I don't think that would be necessary. Found her." Anthony said.

Josh turned around to see a black Lamborghini pulling up, gaining the attention of the whole school. A man rolled down his window taking off his sunglasses.

"Have fun at school, sissy." The man smiled and from the same car emerged, Liliana Van Doren! "Thank you for taking me to school Brandon, also for the Valentinos and Cartier. Tell Blair that too."

"Alright, see you." And with that the car speeded away to the distant. "Whoa! Who was that?! Sick car!" Jaden asked walking up to Lily. "Oh him? He's my brothers friend, Brandon Bellerose."

"Bellerose, I heard that family is crazy famous." Anthony thought. "I thought he was your sugar daddy or something." Jaden laughed. "Why would I want a sugar daddy, my biological daddy is already rich anyway." She chuckled.

"Oh my god, can you ask your father if he wanted to adopt a child?" Jaden asked. "Yeah well you can ask him yourself because. ." She said pulling up invitations from her purse.

"My father is finally coming home to the states and he's hosting this charity ball to raise money for the big flood in Venice. I was hoping you guys would come since it will be so boring to attend alone."

"And I'll be needing a plus one so, Josh do you want to be my plus one?" Lily asked. "I would but I can't make it on Sunday night. I'm taking my granny shopping." He frowned.

"What? Can you cancel? But you are always my plus one." Lily whined. "I'm really sorry but she'll get upset. Maybe you can go with someone else." Josh spoke.

"I'll be your escort, Lily." Anthony volunteered. "Anthony, thats very nice of you. Whats gotten into you these past days?" Lily asked. "Just trying to help a friend out." He smiled.

"Theres going to be hot chicks there right?" Jaden asked. "Yeah if you're interested in ambassador secretaries and diplomats, at the age of I don't know, above thirty?" Lily asked. "Sweet, it's about time I found myself a sugar mommy."

"And if that doesn't work out, Lily your dad and Jackson is going to be there right?" Jaden joked.

"Alright! Perfect! I'll see you on Sunday night."

"Josh, we need to talk

"Josh, we need to talk." Anthony spoke as Josh closed his locker. "What is it?" He questioned putting his books inside his bag. "I know your grandmas not here. She's in Canada making cookies. I followed her on instagram." Anthony frowned.

"Okay why are you following my– you know what? I'm doing you a huge favor. You wanted to be Lilys plus one right?" He raised his eyebrow. "Wait how'd you know that?"

"Anthony, I know you like Lily. You are like a puppy when you like someone its cute. Doing her favors, taking her home. . Am I right?" Josh smirked.

"How'd you even know that?"

"It's written all over your face man." Josh chuckled as they walked to class. "Will you be okay with that? I mean she's your best friend and all. I don't want to come between you two." Anthony shrugged.

"Anthony, we're best friends. Not dating. I mean as long as I can see it, we will be just friends and nothing more. I mean if we do like each other we would probably be dating by now since we hung out with each other since preschool."

"So no hard feelings? Are you sure?" Anthony asked. "Yeah totally, I'll even play wingman for you." Josh smiled. "Thanks Josh, you always know what to do."

"Josh, you seem so distracted lately whats wrong?" Lily asked as with Josh snapping out from his daydream

"Josh, you seem so distracted lately whats wrong?" Lily asked as with Josh snapping out from his daydream. "Nothings wrong. What made you say that?" Josh grinned smiling at her.

"I don't know we're kinda distant now. I mean, we always study after school but you always make up excuses now, did I do something to upset you?" She frowned.

"No you didn't. It's just–" Josh thought of something. "I actually got myself a girlfriend a few days ago and she is really a pain. I mean way too possessive. She doesn't like it when I hang out with girls." He lied.

Lilys smile turned into a frown in an instant.

Her implanted smile was nowhere to be seen and instead a scowl formed her lips. Josh wondered if he said anything wrong. "Why didn't you tell me that you have a girlfriend now Josh? I thought we're friends."

I don't want to come between you and Anthony. Josh said to himself.

"We are, I was about to tell you but–" Josh paused when he see tears sliding down her eyes. "How could you not tell me anything? You're so selfish. A selfish bastard. Thats what you are, Josh." She sniffled wiping her tears away, lifting her bag in the process.

"But Lily!" Josh stood up.

"Don't follow me! From now on, I think its best for us to not see each other again."

"Wait! Lily! Whats the big deal? It's not like I have to tell you everything about my life you're not my mom." He folded his arm. "We literally grew up together, and you can't even talk to me about something so crucial." She sniffled.

"Forgive me, if you think I am overacting." She stammered exiting the small cafe. Josh sigh in relieve that no one else saw her sudden outburst. It could get pretty messy if someone did.

"Josh are you okay? I saw the whole thing." He looked up to see none other than Charli. "Charli? What are you doing here?" He asked swallowing a lump in his throat.

"This is where I came to study, with my sister. By the way have you met Dixie?" Charli asked as a girl behind her waved her hand.

Damn her sister look so much hotter. Josh thought.

To be continued