Chapter 3

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't know for how long I ran, but I was exhausted when I reached home. My Mother was already there cooking in the kitchen. She asked me about my farewell, I said I will tell her later and went inside my room on the first floor. What I need now is a good sleep to get away from all this. I fell face first in my bed and sleep conquered me.

I woke up hearing my mother call me; I heard something along the line like our new neighbor has come for a visit. I already knew someone was moving in the neighborhood so here they have come. I went down to greet them. I really wished I prepared my heart for what to come next. There sat the almighty Mr.Irksome Aka Patrick smirking at me. And then I came to know how loud my voice can be, I screamed with all my might closing my eyes.

I heard a sudden bang and opened my eyes to find my mom in an apron with a spoon in her hands looking panicked.

"What happened? Where is the thief? She said searching frantically. I looked around and found that I am still in my room.

"Amma, it's just a nightmare. You can continue with the cooking" I say with a sigh.

"Oh....are you ok now sweetie. Why don't you come downstairs with me, dinner will be ready soon" she said.

"I am not hungry Amma. Just let me sleep for today" I said.

"That's not happening today; I already told you our new neighbors are coming over for dinner. You should greet them" she said sternly and left. My stupid brain mixing reality with fantasy. My mother called me after 5 minutes and I went down. I met with a beautiful family. They were the age of my parents. Shivani and Rajiv were those awesome kind of parents. I heard they have two kids, one my age and the other second year of college. Their kids have not shifted yet. But, I am looking forward to meet them. After dinner, they left. My cheeks were paining from laughing, they are really like crackers and I loved it. I went to sleep feeling happy totally forgetting all my problems.

I woke up to my alarm at 7am. I totally forgot that I don't have to go to school anymore. I did my morning routine. The weather was looking good; why not go for a walk I thought.

"Amma, I am going to the park for a walk" I screamed.

"Yes, yes just come for breakfast" she replied.

I slowing walked in the direction of our park. The walk was filled with the voices of chirping birds, it was really beautiful. On my way I saw Ishana talking to Christo in front of his house. I slowly hid myself in the bushes near the fence and jumped in front of them.

"Good gracious, why do you have to do that Lyra" whined Christo while Ishana was laughing out loud.

In between her laughs Ishana said "I already saw you coming".

"What bring you here early in the morning Ishana" I questioned. "I could ask you the same" Christo replied with sass.

"I am going to my Grandma's house in the evening, so I won't make it to the dinner today..." before Ishana could finish Christo cut her off and said "So we plan on changing it to lunch then?"

"I am ok with anything guys" I said as they were expecting my answer.

"Ya, we know that. You just eat and sleep, that's why we didn't bother asking you before changing the timing" said Christo laughing. I tried hitting him while he ran screaming.

"So lunch it is. Let's meet at 1 then. I will inform Athira then. See you at the lunch then Christo" waved Ishana; I copied and waved him too. They know I go for walk often so I don't have to explain. Ishana took off when she reached home and I walked in the lonely park about half an hour and returned home for breakfast. And to my surprise there was my Dad.

"Appa.....when did you come" I ran and hugged him.

"I just came home. Euuuu go have a bath, you are sweating" he said smiling. I hit him playfully and went to take a bath. After 10 minutes I joined them for breakfast. It felt like a family reunion. My father was not always at home leaving me and mom, so it is like a celebration whenever he is at home. We were speaking for hours, dad telling about his case files and me about school and farewell. The next moment I see the clock it was already at 12:45. Thank god dad bought chocolates; I quickly gathered my stuffs. Who would want to go to a supermarket after all the chaos? I left saying bye. It was a 15 minutes' walk. I reached there and I smiled looking at the sign board which said 'Café Little Flower'. I went to in find them at our usual table, no wonder I didn't come across them on the way.

For the next 3 hours it was utter chaos. For the first 1 hour we ate all along screaming and fighting and the next two hours we spend in the park discussing about universities all along fighting about best subjects to take. Every one of us still has to choose a major and it is tough as hell when you are not at all a slight bit interested in any of those subjects. We do get good marks; after all we all want to go to a decent university. Finally we concluded that we will have this conversation later since everyone had some works to do. Athira headed in the other direction to her cousin's house while the rest of us went in the direction of our home.

I said goodbye and went off. All of a sudden a car stopped near me and someone pulled me inside. Before I could punch the person I came face to face with the demon that haunted my dreams.

"Good Evening to you too Lyra" said Patrick.

"Can't you atleast greet me normally, would it hurt you if you don't give me a heart attack" I grunted. He watched me with some kind of amusement.

"We have a few things to discuss let's roll" he replied. Looks like someone is excited.

The same route, the same silent journey, to the same charity office. The only difference was there were not many people in the building as before. This time we entered a room which was on the first floor. It looked like someone's personal office with a desk and chair along with chairs for visitors. Judging from Patrick's choice of taking the head chair, it's obliviously Patrick's office.

"Sit Lyra I am going to explain you about what you are to do. Any doubts ask me in the end don't interrupt me in the middle. We are going to train you in the next two months and enroll you in a university were you will supposedly gather information about the girl who was kidnapped, Understand" he said as fast as he could, I don't even know how I understood all that.

"Ok. I understood" I replied.

"Ok, what.....you understood?" he looked at me like I have grown two heads. Well that's a new reaction. "Then you can go see Hunter, his room is at the end of this corridor" he said. I stood up without saying anything and just when I was about to go out he called me.

"Lyra, I forgot something. If you don't end up being first in the training you will not be given a chance to prove your innocence" he said with a satisfying evil smile. I really got myself a Guardian Demon, I face palmed.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for reading

keep supporting

Do vote,comment and share