Chapter 27

I screeched and tried to push the person off of me, but nothing worked. I kicked my feet in every direction, but even if they did hit my attacker, it wasn't strong enough. As the person pulled me into an alley, I heard a few other voices getting louder.

"Hold her." One commanded. An arm grabbed my waist and a man pinned me against a wall, while someone else held down my shoulders. I tried to close my eyes, relax, and concentrate on making my powers work, but nothing happened. I was probably too terrified to do anything. But then I remembered I could.

The pen.

I closed my eyes, reached into my pocket, and put my hand around the pen.

"Alright, Devin.  Now what?" The guy holding me down asked.

I opened my eyes and looked at the Devin, the leader, in front of me. He had a smirk on his face.

"Now I have to kill her." I gasped and closed my eyes again, shaking my head. I put my thumb on top of the pen and started clicking it.

One.

Two.

Three.

Four.

There, now hopefully I could stay alive for the next two minutes until Ryder gets here.

Suddenly, I felt cold metal on my neck. I opened my eyes, and sure enough, Devin was pressing a knife to my throat.

"Move one inch, and I'll make sure this is the slowest death possible, sweetheart." He told me. 

I looked into his eyes, trying to see any mercy, but there was none there. "Why would you do this to me?" I asked, my voice breaking.

He chuckled and put his lips close to my ear. "With powers like yours, I can do some amazing things," he whispered, kissing me gently on the cheek.

I immediately felt a wave of anger, and I ripped my arm away from one of the guys and slapped Devin in the face.

"That's it, you're done for!" He screamed at me.

"Not so fast."

Ryder?

The knife dropped from my throat and fell to the ground. Slowly, I turned my head to the direction of the voice. I was shocked to find that it was Logan, not Ryder.

Logan stepped forward towards them, and the two men holding me down sprang off me and went towards Logan. I couldn't move, so I just watched in horror.

The first man swung at Logan, but he dodged it and swung back. He hit him right in the temple, and he immediately dropped.

The second man was a liitle harder to fight, but after a few punches. Logan was able to make him drop as well.

"Well, well. If it isn't Logan." Devin said.

"Leave her alone." Logan said. Devin laughed.

"Hmm, no I don't think so."

"Fine then." And then Logan cast an attack spell on Devin, which sent him flying down the alley until we heard a loud crash. He got up, then ran down the other street as fast as possible. Logan looked at me. "Are you okay?" He asked.

I nodded, shocked. "Yeah, I'm f-"

"Annalise!"

I jumped and saw Ryder running towards me with a concerned expression. He reached me, then looked around and realized the dangers had been eliminated.

"What happened?" He asked.

I looked at the ground nervously.

"A few men attacked me, and Logan saved me." I said, looking up into Logan's amazing blue eyes. He smiled a little, then rested his fingers where I had been cut a little by Devin.

"You're hurt." He said. I shook my head a little.

"It will be okay." I said.

"So you took care of those guys?" Ryder asked. Logan nodded, and Ryder seemed a little upset. "Well thank you. But I can take it from here. Come on, Annalise, I'll take you home." He said, pulling me away. I gave Logan an apologetic look.

"Any time," Logan said, his eyes never leaving mine. "See you tomorrow?" He asked. I nodded, smiling slightly. "Tomorrow."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1/6/15

Thanks for reading! Any feedback would be appreciated! :D