Chapter 25

Chapter 25

"Annalise!"

"What?" I asked, turning my head around to see Sarah walking up to me.

I was sitting with Daniel at breakfast, and since it was a Saturday, I had really wanted to sleep in. But breakfast closes at 11, and Daniel got me up extra early so he could eat. Typical teenage boy.

"I was wondering if you would like to go dress shopping with me today." She asked cheerfully.

I thought about it for a moment.

Dress shopping? That didn't seem very fun to me. But I suppose I do need to get a dress for the formal next week.

"Okay, that would be fine." I told her.

"But I'm coming with." Daniel added.

Sarah laughed. "Silly, you can't see me in my dress before the formal!"

"Why not?"

"I don't know." She answered.

"I'll go with, then."

We turned to the voice and noticed Ryder standing a few feet from us. Seriously, how did he always do that?

"No," I said to him.

"Hmm. Yes."

"Ryder," Sarah said. "Dress shopping is not something you want to do with us."

"I need to make sure Annalise will be okay." He countered.

I sighed. "Ryder,  can I talk to you for a minute,"

"Sure."

I walked outside the cafeteria and into the nearest hallway, while he followed.

"Ryder, I can do this by myself." I told him honestly. He shook his head.

"You're going into town. That's not safe for you."

"I'll be with Sarah!" I argued.

"It's too dangerous. If you're going, I'm going with."

I crossed my arms over my chest and gave him an angry look.

"Aw, you're so cute when you're angry." He told me, laughing.

"N-no I'm not!" I stuttered.

He smiled, but his face soon turned serious again. "I can't let you go, I'm sorry."

Tears began to well up in my eyes. "B-but you don't understand! I never get asked to do anything with people." I exclaimed.

He stared at me for a bit, and I could see conflict in his eyes.

"Fine," He said slowly.

Yes!

"But on one condition."

Aw, shoot. "What?"

He reached into his book bag and handed me a pen. Uh, what?

"This pen has a tracking device planted inside of it. If you are in trouble and need my help, click the pen four times. I'll be there within two minutes."

I looked at him in amazement. "But how?" I asked.

He smiled and winked. "Because I'm amazing," he said as he walked away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

12/11/14

Thanks for reading!